Just bought a new FZ8

jonnyedwards1981

Hi guys,

I'm from Cornwall in England and am pleased to say that after a 3 year break from riding, just test rode the FZ8 and bought a shiny new black one. Pick it up next week. Just a bit excited!!!........

Any tips?

Last edited:

Fizzer8

congratulations:cool:

Another UK FZ8 owner, they seem scarce, online at least. Not seen another on the roads yet.

jonnyedwards1981

Same not see any on the road either

Was such a good ride, admittedly I could have ridden any old dog and it would have been exciting after being out the saddle for 3 years, but the fz was a dream

Roll on next week

jonnyedwards1981

Yup, can't wait, just got the reg no so can get it insured now. They are fitting tail tidy and giving it the final road prep on Monday so should have it Tuesday

H

Hoover

Welcome to the club. I'm a Brit but have been Stateside for 20 years.

Fizzer8

many twisties down there in Cornwall?

been meaning to get down to Penzance on bike this year.

Last edited:

jonnyedwards1981

Yes mate, plenty when you get off the dull dual carriageway. If you go to Penzance head over to St. Ives and take the back road to St. Just - coastal road for about 20 miles, quiet Sunday morning piece of heaven

Where in the uk are you?

Ben1105

I'd shop around for different exhausts I'm probably going to go with a Two brothers black series.
Nothing wrong with akrapovic just not for me.

D

DJK1505

get out and ride the piss out of it, mod your air box, gut your cat, slip on, high flo air filter, mod the sub thorttle flies, PCV, autotune, new suspension, mod the throttle tube for a quick throw throttle tube, grab handles for passengers (i dont like passengers but use the grab handles for a straping point for my grear), steel braided brake lines, once you get these done hit us up again and I am sure we can come up with more suggestions for ya mate!

DJ

jonnyedwards1981

Bike arrived at dealers today, in the workshop for pre delivery check tomorrow and to throw on tail tidy. Collecting 9am sat. Let's hope the rain decidedly to clear off in time

F

Fazed

Dealership said they will fit the akrapovic slip on exhaust for £500. Is it needed/worth it or are there better options??

That is way too much. Check out ebay. Here are some examples below.

Yoshi pipe.

Yoshimura Carbon Fiber R-77D Slip-On Exhaust System 2011 2012 Yamaha FZ8 | eBay

Akrapovic

Akrapovic Street Legal Slip-On Exhaust Carbon Fiber Yamaha FZ8 2010-2012 | eBay

Hawk/Pipe werks are a UK manufacturer that do a good quality product for a good price. I had one on my last bike and was very happy with it. Would have bought the same again if I didn't get the MIVV. They only do the more traditional styles though. Also you won't feel too guilty about spending our money overseas.

Yamaha FZ8 2010- Black Round Exhaust Race Can, Silencer, Removable Baffle | eBay

Also consider the Danmoto range. They are dirt cheap and getting some pretty good reviews by others on the forum.

GP Style Carbon Exhaust Yamaha FZ8 FZ 8 Fazer EX374 | eBay