JMV concepts lower farings for FZ8S/FAZER8

sinclap2

Lazy
Hi All

I'm not sure if this should go in Mods or Vendor reviews, because it is a bit of both!

I finally got the time to put the farings on i bought from JMV concepts in France. These may not be to everyone's tastes but I really like them! :D IMO it completes the line of the front cowling, which i always thought looked a little funny plonked at the front of the bike.

They cost me €462 = ~A$540 painted & delivered to Australia. They're made of fibreglass and are all hand made @ JMV Concepts. JMV just used the Yamaha colour codes to colour match.

Alexia Valeur @ JMV is very friendly and helpful. She put up with all my stupid questions :) [[email protected]] She speaks English which made it a breeze! Their website can be a little confusing if you don't speak French, but I found my way through it. You can also contact them through their website (JMVCONCEPT leader en carenage moto). The farings were packed very well (in a large box) with polystyrene peanuts and airbags. Each faring was wrapped individually in more packing material. I will do a second post of how they were packed.

I am very happy with my purchase and very happy with JMV concepts. I can highly recommend them. After I made the payment I had the farings in around three weeks.

Now I just need to install my fender eliminator and leds!

Last edited:

sinclap2

Lazy
The farings were packed like this:

Whoops forgot to say they came with instructions and fixtures! The instructions are in french but Google translate helped, plus there are pictures in the instructions. If I can work it out anyone can! However, I did re-write the instructions and will be forwarding them to JMV.

Last edited:

sinclap2

Lazy
Thanks Camo. When I took it for a run today, I could occasionally feel the engine heat funneling through the vents in the faring. It was nice on this grey old miserable day in Wagga!

GarryM

Looks good to my eyes. I was never a big fan of the faired version because like you I thought the fairing didn't seeem to belong on the bike whereas now it looks integrated. Good find.

Hereward

It's a mini FJR!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic, love the desghn and the detail, they've even left space for the frame sliders! If I had the fazer 8 rather than the naked I'd have this mod straight away. Thanks for the share and it looks stunning.

W

WARPTH

love when you see pics of what things should've looked like from factory! Looks awesome dude!

Black Widow

Avid Rider
I don't like the look of faired bikes, like to see the engine and mechanical look. Yours does look better now, than with just the front fairing, and like the color. I agree it does look like a miniature FJR. Keep up the good work.

sinclap2

Lazy
looks great, are the headlights part of the assembly?

Thanks. The headlights and everything above the blinker is standard FZ8S/Fazer8 stuff. The lower faring slips in behind the section that houses the blinkers and then has three more mounting points on the bike.

sinclap2

Lazy
Wow, that bike looks good with those fairings. I'd say that's money well spent, any wind deflection for your legs?

Yeah, think there was especially at the higher speeds. Around town it wasn't noticeable, but when I took it up to ~100km/h 'ish :D there was some deflection. It wasn't total, but it was noticeable.

FZ8.UK

Have to say

Yep i like it, the colour is great, the lines are great, very nice, i would like that bike in my garage,

ride safe

S

Shock

I wouldn't know what to do without the wind beating on me. Your bike looks good though.

SilverSlugger00

How you getting on with the fairings
Been looking at getting some would you recommend?

yeah ive been thinking about getting some as well. I was ondering did the company have and English speakers So i could order some fairings. Not a full set just a little something.