Its OFFICAL!! I’m an FZ8 owner!!

NoNine4me

They had 3 FZ-09's and really pushing that on me at first but when I wouldn't cave and used the cycletrader.com info I got it for 6995. I ended up financing through one of the credit unions they work with instead of Yamaha. MUCH better rates!
Are you serious? I suspected the FZ-09 would not be that good of a bike when I first heard of it last year, especially when I found out about the bolt-together frame. It's the cheap seats, you are down in steerage with that bike. I researched the hell out of it and finally test-rode one. At this point I think Yamaha ought to go back to the drawing board and give that engine a real chassis and better ECU.

However I had not heard that so many FZ-09s were sitting around unsold. For the first couple of months they seemed to be "unobtainium" but now the facts are out about the terrible suspension and throttle response. Apparently that has adversely affected sales.

I know it's a matter of personal taste but I think the FZ8 also has a more "timeless" naked bike look. Muscular, angular, and seriously functional. And the motor is more than enough.

You did well. I hope this kind of thing causes Yamaha to rethink the next release of the FZ-09 and correct the serious problems that bike has.

Marthy

I think the FZ8 is a great bike with its weakness... so the FZ09. For about $400.00 I got the rear shick and forks sort out and did the SS lines with EBC HH pads. Bike handle perfect! There's a flashtune available for $100 that fix the throttle jerk. So basically for an extra $500ish your sort out the bike. That's still way cheaper than many bikes.

And most than likely, regardless of the bike you get you will need for suspension upgrade unless you weight about 150 lbs.

Like any other bikes, the FZ09 is not for every taste. But for $8K... this is by far the best bike out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Marthy

LOL! But you have tamed it somewhat...not everyone has your skills!

Agree. The best part of owning a bike is the customization. I rather buy a bike at a cheaper price and have $ for modding than dumping 18K on a bike that might still not be perfect. But its just me... :)

Woody146

Banned
Agree. The best part of owning a bike is the customization. I rather buy a bike at a cheaper price and have $ for modding than dumping 18K on a bike that might still not be perfect. But its just me... :)

My exact reasoning for buying my 8! Your 9 looks pretty sweet man..I have not rode one..but yours seems like it would be the one to ride(no bugs!)

Marthy

My exact reasoning for buying my 8! Your 9 looks pretty sweet man..I have not rode one..but yours seems like it would be the one to ride(no bugs!)

Anytime... let me know when you're in Florida. Won't mind finding out what Im missing not riding the 8. Ah... can't buy them all. :)

pajkrubi

Are you serious? I suspected the FZ-09 would not be that good of a bike when I first heard of it last year, especially when I found out about the bolt-together frame. It's the cheap seats, you are down in steerage with that bike. I researched the hell out of it and finally test-rode one. At this point I think Yamaha ought to go back to the drawing board and give that engine a real chassis and better ECU.

However I had not heard that so many FZ-09s were sitting around unsold. For the first couple of months they seemed to be "unobtainium" but now the facts are out about the terrible suspension and throttle response. Apparently that has adversely affected sales.

The dealer I got my 8 at also had three brand new 09's sitting there. I didn't like the looks of them at ALL after seeing them in person. That's just my taste though, a lot of people love the looks.

NoNine4me

The dealer I got my 8 at also had three brand new 09's sitting there. I didn't like the looks of them at ALL after seeing them in person. That's just my taste though, a lot of people love the looks.
Wow...
Not the looks I have any problem with, it's the bolt-up chassis and soft suspension and abrupt throttling.

That's amazing that guys are walking right by a row of FZ-09's and buying the FZ8, based on the press the -09's were getting just a couple of months ago.

;)

860Rider

I know it's a matter of personal taste but I think the FZ8 also has a more "timeless" naked bike look. Muscular, angular, and seriously functional. And the motor is more than enough.

You did well. I hope this kind of thing causes Yamaha to rethink the next release of the FZ-09 and correct the serious problems that bike has.

I agree 100% and thank you. Im excited!

pajkrubi

Wow...
Not the looks I have any problem with, it's the bolt-up chassis and soft suspension and abrupt throttling.

That's amazing that guys are walking right by a row of FZ-09's and buying the FZ8, based on the press the -09's were getting just a couple of months ago.

;)

I was one of those that the press had mesmerized. Luckily I wasn't looking to trade in my bike for a new one until this coming spring ('14) so I just kept researching and researching and the more I read the more I really started liking the 8. Then the actual real world rider reviews started coming out as they hit the showrooms and a lot of them were very negative and that's also the time I learned that the frame and steering head were bolted together and very cheap and that's when my search for a left over 8 began. I stumbled across several of them marked way down and almost bit but I really didn't want to buy until riding season was about here. Then I found mine for $6,399 brand new and knew I couldn't wait or it would be gone (They had 3 that they sold in about 2 weeks! Mine was the last one) so I went down and got it on my next day off. When I looked at the 09's in the showroom while waiting for them to finish my paperwork the ONLY thing I liked about it better was how thin it was. I could flat foot it wheres with the 8 I'm on the balls of my feet.

VaderFZ8

Awesome 860 what part of CT you from I have 13 fz8 same color combo I live in Norwich area I haven't seen another FZ8 this past riding season I got my bike in aug 2013 bike shop in Waterford it's a awesome bike

Gus

congrats on your new FZ8 man, I got the exact same one brand new 3 months ago and enjoy every minute I spend on it! My only means of transportation, use it everyday (hey I'm in Los Angeles, not Connecticut...). Do yourself a favor and replace the ugly-ass fender it comes with, the bike will look much better!

Maybe we should go riding sometime! I'm from L.A too!

860Rider

CT rider

Awesome 860 what part of CT you from I have 13 fz8 same color combo I live in Norwich area I haven't seen another FZ8 this past riding season I got my bike in aug 2013 bike shop in Waterford it's a awesome bike

PM sent! :cool: