Is it possible to adjust the shifter?

evan1

I recently got some boots that are on the thick side, and I'd like to adjust the shifter up a bit. I can't seem to find anything in the manual about adjusting it...I hope it's possible and I'm just not seeing it?

aj700

That rod can be loosened (if thats the word). Then it goes down a bit and gives more room.
Or time for a adjustable rearset?

master paper clip

The shift rod is adjustable, it's a 10mm nut at each end, loosen both sides and then u can spin the rod to adjust its height, also for anyone interested if u wanna stiffen up your rear sets undo the bolts and that washer that's there flip it so the shiny side faces in and put it back together, gives u a much better feel of what the bike and road are doing, highly recommend doing this

Last edited:

socal

That rod can be loosened (if thats the word). Then it goes down a bit and gives more room.
Or time for a adjustable rearset?

yes, what i meant by a turnbuckle is a rod that has left hand thread on one side and right hand on the other so when it is turned it either extends or retracts the parts connected to it.

tzortn

Pillion
The turnbuckle has a very limited range of motion and you need to make sure that you do not unthread it too much.

I ended up having to take the lever off of the transmission shaft and re-index it to the position that I wanted. It was not too difficult although space is a little limited which made getting the exact position I wanted challenging. It took a couple of attempts before I got what I wanted. I found that loosening the jam on the upper rod end helped the lever to rotate into position.