Integrated Tail light installation

Shanerc34

I just bought a 2012 fz8.. I am trying to decide if I should just get the targa fender eliminator kit with the blinkers or if I should get the integrated tail light. Is it very hard to install the integrated tail light? I really have no experience wiring anything.. Let me know what you guys think. THX!

FastZ8

I believe the integrated kits are mostly plug and play...no wiring nessecary...the hardest part will probably be actually putting it on...which I've never done but I'm about to...I'm sure some other guys will chime in with some good advice shortly.

Shanerc34

Thanks man... I just got into riding and went and got the FZ8 and I want to get rid of that ugly fender. I just was looking at some of the wiring schematics for the integrated taillight and it was a bit over my head. I am sure it is easier than it looks. I just don't want to end up messing something up and have to pay someone to fix it.

FastZ8

No problem...I bought a fender kit off of eBay...looks pretty good and u can use the stock signals and has a built in tag light..cost me about 40 45 bucks...but I'm about to buy a motodynamic and ill probably be removing the stock signals...may even swap the fronts with smaller ones

Martimusx

I did the motodynamic and used a thread on this site to help me with it. Total plug and play, just gotta take some bits off to get to it. Hour tops and i have no motorcycle experience.

DanS

Commuter
Yes definitely get the integrated tail light, It's a great mod! Brighter than stock and seems to get the attention of the cages behind you better than the stock tail light. And it looks amazing too. I have the Motodynamic it was super simple to install. Worth every penny! Custom LED makes one too that I've heard good things about

Fazer401

Do it

Totally plug n play, easy for even a not so handy type person I would say. Take your time, get the tail apart one step at time, wiring is nothing since you don't have to "do" anything except plug in the harness. There's a couple tutorials I think, feel free to email me anytime for help if you get stuck. Anyone can absolutely install the Motodynamics taillight, yezzir

Nstr_FZ8

Im trying to find the switch to eliminate the secuential signaling and make it blink regularly... Anybody??

Also to eliminate de triple flash when braking... I dont like it..

Thanks

kopairnik

Im trying to find the switch to eliminate the secuential signaling and make it blink regularly... Anybody??

Also to eliminate de triple flash when braking... I dont like it..

Thanks

you should see a very little rubber part at the back of the tail light, remove it and there's your button to change the settings. I found out that it's better to change the settings before you put everything back together too.

HenryT

I would do the fender eliminator kit with smaller turn signals myself. I feel the separate turns signals give better visibility to vehicles around you.

Not a fan of the integrated TL, motorists have enough trouble seeing bikes.

Bajaedition

I did a fender eliminator kit off ebay with a led for the plate, and motor dynamic integrated tail light (clear) and it took me around an hour just because I fiddled around so much making sure everything was honky dory.
Easy to do and great looking
oh the fender kit was like 29 bucks shipped and it is great

DaKow

All the Saddlesores
Great mod. Functional, too. The flashing brake light really gets attention from cages. And the light is much brighter than stock. Super easy to install.

RoadKill

Great mod. Functional, too. The flashing brake light really gets attention from cages. And the light is much brighter than stock. Super easy to install.

yeah, the flashing light is great! it really gets someones attention when they approach from behind. they even tend to stay back further!