Installing Yoshimura Frame Sliders help

zikolai

Hi everyone. I am installing new Yoshimura Frame sliders and I notice that the provided bolts are shorter than stock. (I mean once you put the spacer and slider in, the threaded part that goes into the frame and engine is shorter.)

Should I be concerned? I also notice that the stock bolts had grease on them so I will put some grease or anti seize when installing the Yoshi ones.

Suave96

Hi everyone. I am installing new Yoshimura Frame sliders and I notice that the provided bolts are shorter than stock. (I mean once you put the spacer and slider in, the threaded part that goes into the frame and engine is shorter.)

Should I be concerned? I also notice that the stock bolts had grease on them so I will put some grease or anti seize when installing the Yoshi ones.

I think they sent you the wrong bolts :-(

zikolai

I think they sent you the wrong bolts :-(

The kit really shows its for the FZ8 and I checked again tonight and they are a bit less than 1cm shorter. I guess it should be fine. Maybe I was just too nervous since I am new at doing these mods miself. :-| Even bought a torque wrench just for that :)

DSmith

The kit really shows its for the FZ8 and I checked again tonight and they are a bit less than 1cm shorter. I guess it should be fine. Maybe I was just too nervous since I am new at doing these mods miself. :-| Even bought a torque wrench just for that :)

I always use little projects as an excuse to add tools to my collection. When I got my bike I only had some wrenches and sockets. A year later, I have a good sized toolbox full of all kinds of stuff.

BTW, when you put your sliders in do one at a time.

zikolai

I always use little projects as an excuse to add tools to my collection. When I got my bike I only had some wrenches and sockets. A year later, I have a good sized toolbox full of all kinds of stuff.

BTW, when you put your sliders in do one at a time.

:) Will do thanks. My toolbox is growing as well. I like when I can complete a task without having to run to the store 5 times because I missed something.