installing clip on handlebars on fz8

tylersjm

Anyone have any luck installing clip on handlebars to their fz8? I have comeup with a way to add clip on handlebars without any modifications to the bike.it is a much sportier look and ride. I have pics if anyone is interested.

MotoZen

Pics are a must! I don't think I'd do it, but would love to see it!

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

MikeC

Weekend Rider
there have been two members that I remember.

One of them lowered the front end and bolted his clipons to the exposed fork body on top of the triple tree area.

Another..I think cambo trimmed the headlight housing to fit his clipons.

The general concensus is that it chances the geometry significantly in that, if what you wanted was a sport bike, you should just buy a sport bike to begin with. haha.

But yes, definitely do share! :)

b-eock

Actually, dirt bike bars have a whole lot more leverage and you'd be able to drive/ride better than with clip ons.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

tylersjm

thank you for your comments.with this adapter plate it allows you to add clip on with out having to cut any plastic. All of your stock parts fit on no problem. In my opinion it puts me in the perfect position. It's not nearly as low as an R6 but lower than the stock bars. The pics show the plate as a machined finish but I have painted it black.

tylersjm

Yes I have seen those. I may be wrong but those didn't look that strong to me. I have my own CNC equipment.The part I made is made from one solid piece of aircraft grade aluminum. Then just add the clipon bars.

tony412k

thank you for your comments.with this adapter plate it allows you to add clip on with out having to cut any plastic. All of your stock parts fit on no problem. In my opinion it puts me in the perfect position. It's not nearly as low as an R6 but lower than the stock bars. The pics show the plate as a machined finish but I have painted it black.

do you have any other pics..cant really see much from the ones u posted

tylersjm

I am out riding today. The weather has been nasty around here so I haven't had a chance to ride and give them a good try till today. When I had the stock bars on my hands were going to sleep. I was just in the saddle for about an hour and hands never went to sleep. As far as vibration I haven't noticed it.

tylersjm

I never did measure with the stock handlebars on the bike. But from the best I can tell by comparison it looks like with the new clipon bars it is at least 2 inches lower if not more. And forward some too. in my opinion it puts me in the perfect riding position not too far down and not so far upright. And i just like the clipon look much better. quoted to another person for 135.00$ plus tax and shipping. I will have to see what it will cost to send one to California. I will let you know