Installed my motodynamic tail light and fabbed up my own FE.

Bajaedition

I forgot to get the smoke and ended up with a clear
now that it is on, I really like the clear

whatever color you get, they look great

NoNine4me

I forgot to get the smoke and ended up with a clear
now that it is on, I really like the clear

whatever color you get, they look great
Clear is a heck of lot more visible and yes, I think it looks very good on the bike. Why use a smoked lens on something that's supposed to help you be conspicuous?

reALIGNed

Well I installed my motodynamic tail light today and while I was at it I fabbed up a fender eliminator using the metal "spine" from my factory snow shovel fender. I still have to get a pair of the LED license plate bolts and wire up so I have a light for the plate. I don't have a bunch of extra cash and I prefer to make my own stuff anyway (getting it from being a jeeper) so I wasn't going to pay for a FE. I was gonna go the route that a lot of people went and get some thin sheet metal and bend it, paint it and bolt it up. Then I got to looking at the metal frame inside the factory fender and saw that the factory plate holder was a little piece of metal that was bolted in place and got to thinking. I cut off all but a small tab of metal from the frame, bent the ends in, marked it for the plate holder, drilled the holes, painted it and bolted it all up.

Here's the pics I took. In the pics I still hadn't painted the brackets so just ignore that. They're a nice flat black now. I could have made the bends a little prettier if I used my friends bench vise and I could have cut the points off the tabs but it's all covered and I was kind of rushing it. You can see it anyway once the tag is on so who cares? 

Here's the piece I cut off the frame and bent in.

Here they are mounted up.

Here's the tag holder mounted up to the brackets.

And all finished up!

So what do ya'll think? Opinions? Anything I missed? Oh and I LOVE the look of the tail end now!! Oh and don't mind my messy porch. I don't have a garage so this is where the bikes stay and get worked on. LOL It's fully enclosed so it's as good as a garage I guess.

Its pretty scary.......I did this EXACT same thing last year on my mine, completely identical. Geez, when I get home, I'll post a pic.

reALIGNed

its a bad pic, but if you look close, its the same. btw, the pic was taken on the driver side of the bike looking up from the front.

pajkrubi

its a bad pic, but if you look close, its the same. btw, the pic was taken on the driver side of the bike looking up from the front.

Awesome, so you had the same idea! I had planned on making my own from the get go but I was gonna go the bent piece of sheet metal route until I got the looking at the stock frame. Then the lightbulb went off.

reALIGNed

Hahahaha, exactly, when I notice the perfect four bolt pattern in the metal bracket under the seat was already there, along with the tag holder, that's when I realized I can do it for free. Nice job. :cheers:

Suave96

Man that looks great! I wish I would have thought of that. Love the motodynamic. Is it a law in Pa. I was going to add a tag light until I looked up the laws here in Ga. It's not required.

pajkrubi

Man that looks great! I wish I would have thought of that. Love the motodynamic. Is it a law in Pa. I was going to add a tag light until I looked up the laws here in Ga. It's not required.

I'm actually not sure if it is or not. I'll have to see if I can find it. I'm sure it is though because this is a liberal, communist northern state. Not as bad as the states it's surrounded by but still MUCH worse than when I lived in Florida.