Installed LED strips on front fender

Leorenzo

I installed LED strips on the front fender. They are hella bright and they are used as daytime running lights and turn signals. What do you think?

Attachments

• 20150525_184250.jpg
    20150525_184250.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 237

npeifer2308

Defiantly cool looking but not very practical as far as turn signals go so I agree with Fazer 8, keep the regular turn signals. Should look pretty cool at night though. How'd you run the wiring?

Leorenzo

Defiantly cool looking but not very practical as far as turn signals go so I agree with Fazer 8, keep the regular turn signals. Should look pretty cool at night though. How'd you run the wiring?

They are very bright during the day. They are wired to the existing stock turn signal wires. Black to ground, one for the running light and one for the turn signal.

Bagman

Way way way way...... Way too low to be effective turn signals. Otherwise, I like the placement for just accent lighting. You should make them alternating blue & red.

Leorenzo

Way way way way...... Way too low to be effective turn signals. Otherwise, I like the placement for just accent lighting. You should make them alternating blue & red.

Thanks bagman. Originally I just wanted more lights for safety because I commute at night. I love the alternating blue and red idea but I don't think the CHP would like that since I live Los Angeles.

IanLeMasters

I agree on the too low for signals opinion. They're also too close together. Most states have laws saying 11-14" apart and x" from the ground. Keep the stock placement. Maybe switch to switchback led's up there white/Amber.

Leorenzo

I dont think anyone mentioned this, but you can wire them in with your stock blinkers, more is better!

-B

Yes, they are connected to the stock blinkers and I still have the stock signals connected because in California the turn signals have to be 9 inches apart. I used these LED strips as auxillary lighting for safety when I commute at night.

a-rode

Yes, they are connected to the stock blinkers and I still have the stock signals connected because in California the turn signals have to be 9 inches apart. I used these LED strips as auxillary lighting for safety when I commute at night.

What LED Strips are these?

Bagman

This I missed! This is good then. Stock turn signal location working PLUS the ones you added. Nice, and most definitely would be more visibility for your nighttime commute. I was also joking about the red/blue lights. LOL. Indeed, it is most likely illegal.