In case of flat tire?

krillz

On your long rides out of state or country what are your plans in case of flats? I have wanted to buy the plug and CO2 kit but don't know how we'll it works. I have the same type of kit for my Mountain bike. Been 20 miles out in the woods and had to use it on my brothers bike. Would have made for a long 8 hr walk with out it. So what do you guys do?

goldfz8

i kept riding lol altho i was only a mile from home so i just went slow.
this was when i had a ninja 250 somehow the screwdriver in my tool kit came out rolled down the tail and stuck itself into the side wall by the rim. I just pulled it out and rode home .

krillz

Ive had plenty of flats, My Supemoto tire is so sticky it picks up everything. I don't want to wait 3 hours for truck to come get me.

n00b

Avid Rider
i kept riding lol altho i was only a mile from home so i just went slow.
this was when i had a ninja 250 somehow the screwdriver in my tool kit came out rolled down the tail and stuck itself into the side wall by the rim. I just pulled it out and rode home .

good news is you didn't lose your screwdriver!

Bajaedition

I carry a co2 kit with extra cartridges and I took a tire plug kit and put it in a bag (box was way to big for under the seat). This fits under the seat. Have not had to use it yet on the bike but have plenty of experience using the plug kit on my Jeeps.

HenryT

Yeah the cartridge ones can be OK but make sure you have the big carts easy to find at sporting goods stores. If you blow it with the canisters and lose the air your screwed so practice it to see what it takes to do properly. There is also a really small compressor available that hooks up to your bike's battery.

krillz

Yeah the cartridge ones can be OK but make sure you have the big carts easy to find at sporting goods stores. If you blow it with the canisters and lose the air your screwed so practice it to see what it takes to do properly. There is also a really small compressor available that hooks up to your bike's battery.

Thanks, its what I did. The pump is a whopping 15 amps though:eek:

Keach

Well I'm really late to this party, but I've found the Stop and Go pocket tire plugger to be an awesome product. Luckily didn't have to use it on the FZ8 yet, but I plugged a nail hole in my YZF600r rear tire and then drove on it for a few hundred miles and it never leaked. It's a really cool compact kit. Unfortunately the FZ8 doesn't leave enough room under the seat for that and my 12v mini compressor, but they will be coming with me in a bag on any extended distance rides.