If this wasn't on film...

e11charlie

Fucking cops. The cop was in the wrong and he knew it. He used fear and intimidation to get his ass out of hot water.

n00b

Avid Rider
There's no chance in hell I would shake his hand. And I would politely insist on a written report

RoadKill

Fucking cops. The cop was in the wrong and he knew it. He used fear and intimidation to get his ass out of hot water.
+1

yep he totally intimidated his way out of that! sadly there are a lot of cops like that here in NYC. + all of the crappy roads makes me want to move.

Guillaume

I am speechless... I'd be completely fine if a cop was at our level and just apologize (if there was no damage of course).
"hey, sorry I was checking you out to make sure you wouldn't do something stupid and I'm the one who was following you too closely. I don't see any damage, keep riding safe..."
I'd shake the cop's hand for that.
Who ever hears that though?

07cobaltLScoupe

"are you getting this on video because i am?" - his dash cam would have just proved he was tailgating and hit the bike in the first place so not sure why he was arguing there

Paralgin

Avid Rider
"Its against the law" - HA!
Its against the law to ride/drive to close to anyone up front here in Norway, dont know how its there?

The cop was an ass, and he did know it was his fault.

C

Camo

You gotta be kidding me? How didn't the words "you hit me" come out of that riders mouth.
No matter what here in Australia, if you rear end someone you are at fault.

n00b

Avid Rider
It's the same here. In this case it was a bad cop. Power corrupts. For some people even a little power is all it takes.

H

Hoover

You gotta be kidding me? How didn't the words "you hit me" come out of that riders mouth.
No matter what here in Australia, if you rear end someone you are at fault.

Same here mate.

D

DJK1505

I hope this guy has a good lawyer. I would be suing the shit out of him and the department. That's just plain wrong, this is what is the matter with our entire society. Its always someone else's fault. Own up for your fuck ups!! Jesus Christ!!!!

DJ

Last edited:

Lee_533

Ya. I wouldn't give two shits what mr piggy had to say. I would want his badge number and insurance paperwork damage or not. But at the same time, the guy on the bike should've been more of a man and stood up for himself. I don't care how "intimidating" a cop is, they have dash cams that catch everything they or others do wrong.

W

WARPTH

Arent you mericans allowed to draw arms if you fear for your life?

07cobaltLScoupe

Arent you mericans allowed to draw arms if you fear for your life?

it depends who you ask really, it also depends on the situation and what state you're in. every day i hear about shootings on the news all over the country. honestly i just went through the process to get my concealed firearms permit to be able to protect myself if necessary, but in the case of this video the rider would most likely be arrested on the spot if he drew a weapon towards a cop no matter if he feared for his life or not

ssky0078

NRS 484B.127  Following too closely.
1.  The driver of a vehicle shall not follow another vehicle more closely than is reasonable and prudent, having due regard for the speed of such vehicles and the traffic upon and the condition of the highway.

The bike didn't nose dive from hitting the breaks, he was maintaining a safe distance from the car in front and it seems he saw the car to his left getting ready to merge. He was also kind of in the blind spot of the car merging in front of him. "Good, I wasn't sure he saw me and he was coming in." is what he had to say to the officer.