I think I'm finished modding it. [Show us your FZ8!]

Wolf_Hook

Well here she is:

Driven CR Low bars - So, so, sooo much better for canyon and everyday riding it's ridiculous. If you make one change to your bike make it this one. Before I would always feel so cramped when leaned over mid turn, now I can move into position and drop my elbow much easier.

Driven grips - pretty nice, very grippy material don't have to hold on as tight.

CRG Lane splitter mirrors - Much better than the stock mirrors and worth the money.

Yamaha factory windscreen - I don't believe it helps at all, but the owner of the bike loves it.

Tail tidy - Obvious benefits.

Motodynamic Tail light - Very bright even in direct sunlight, integrated blinkers are awesome and being able to set the brake light to flash 2 times when pulling in the brake lever is very nice.

R1 flush mount front blinkers - Much cleaner than stock.

Satan666's R1 shock adapter V4 - Much better than the glorified pogo stick that Yamaha tried to pass off as rear suspension.

Yoshimura R77-D - Nice rumble down low, and a high performance scream up top. The carbon fiber looks really nice in the sun.

Steel braided brake lines - Haven't put them on yet but I'm sure they'll work great, if there is a difference from the stock lines I'll update this.

De-badged - Looks way better than I thought it was going to.

Shanerc34

Dude that looks badass!! One day I will be there.. I am installing the motodynamic tail light and the tail tidy this weekend. Do you like that R77-D? I really dont know what exhaust to get. Great job on the bike though!

RoadKill

Well here she is:

Driven CR Low bars - So, so, sooo much better for canyon and everyday riding it's ridiculous. If you make one change to your bike make it this one. Before I would always feel so cramped when leaned over mid turn, now I can move into position and drop my elbow much easier.

Driven grips - pretty nice, very grippy material don't have to hold on as tight.

CRG Lane splitter mirrors - Much better than the stock mirrors and worth the money.

Yamaha factory windscreen - I don't believe it helps at all, but the owner of the bike loves it.

Tail tidy - Obvious benefits.

Motodynamic Tail light - Very bright even in direct sunlight, integrated blinkers are awesome and being able to set the brake light to flash 2 times when pulling in the brake lever is very nice.

R1 flush mount front blinkers - Much cleaner than stock.

Satan666's R1 shock adapter V4 - Much better than the glorified pogo stick that Yamaha tried to pass off as rear suspension.

Yoshimura R77-D - Nice rumble down low, and a high performance scream up top. The carbon fiber looks really nice in the sun.

Steel braided brake lines - Haven't put them on yet but I'm sure they'll work great, if there is a difference from the stock lines I'll update this.

De-badged - Looks way better than I thought it was going to.

your grips look like the d3's how do you like the way those feel?

Ryandi2

heres my baby

mod list

Yoshi r 77 Carbon Fiber
sounds awesome. way better then stock... looks great!!

+2 Vortex rear sprocket.
this mod woke the bike up so much!!! feels like it will pull a tree down:D

yoshi fender eliminator

rk racing chain. x ring gold.

also got rid of the reflectors and mirrors..

i still have so much more to do

Last edited:

TwoWheels

Here's how she's sitting for now... Still have a lot I want to do, lol. It's never ends.

Mods

Danmoto Carbon Exhaust
1967 Lucas Custom Headlight (Thanks for the help Ryan Sterling)
Apex Clip-ons
Chinese Clutch / Brake Levers
Plasti-dip forks
$5 Bar End Mirrors (Best mirrors ever BTW)
Yamaha LED turn signals up front
MotoDynamics Rear light
Random fender eliminator
SS Brake Lines
Debadged / reflectors gone

Broken Shift Linkage Arm (got a crappy weld, new one from Yamaha due in)
and some new rearsets on the way in....

There might be more, but I think that's it...

There's a lot more to come, but I'm waiting until I hit 4k for the power mods :)

Blinkgold311

Last edited:

Wolf_Hook

your grips look like the d3's how do you like the way those feel?

The grippy material is really soft, we'll see how it hols up to a Southern California summer. Other than that they're way better than stock not fitment problems or anything. It's not a solid piece of aluminium like I though, there are just two rings that you slide over the rubber grip to make it look likes its a solid piece.

Wolf_Hook

Do you notice the handlebars being any "buzzier" with the bar end weights removed and just the CRG's attached?

Yeah, anything over 7k numbs the shit out of my hands. Especially the right grip, I would recommend putting bar ends in there or getting the CRG bar end that the mirrors can mount to. I have those on my superduke (v twin) and get zero vibration.

Wolf_Hook

Dude that looks badass!! One day I will be there.. I am installing the motodynamic tail light and the tail tidy this weekend. Do you like that R77-D? I really dont know what exhaust to get. Great job on the bike though!

Thanks! The Yosh exhaust is tits. It's not the loudest but it has a really nice sound to it.

Wolf_Hook

Here's how she's sitting for now... Still have a lot I want to do, lol. It's never ends.

Mods

Danmoto Carbon Exhaust
1967 Lucas Custom Headlight (Thanks for the help Ryan Sterling)
Apex Clip-ons
Chinese Clutch / Brake Levers
Plasti-dip forks
$5 Bar End Mirrors (Best mirrors ever BTW)
Yamaha LED turn signals up front
MotoDynamics Rear light
Random fender eliminator
SS Brake Lines
Debadged / reflectors gone

Broken Shift Linkage Arm (got a crappy weld, new one from Yamaha due in)
and some new rearsets on the way in....

There might be more, but I think that's it...

There's a lot more to come, but I'm waiting until I hit 4k for the power mods :)

Thats a badass bike! how do you like the clip ons?

TwoWheels

Thats a badass bike! how do you like the clip ons?

LOVE the clip-ons. I got the 4" adjustable, but have never had them above the lowest setting. I have the bars turned up, so it's only about a 2" drop from stock, but it makes the bike respond to body lean a lot more (or maybe I've just convinced myself of that :p) I'd buy them again in a heartbeat.