i need some parts and advice where to get them

Ryandi2

hey everyone,

i have owned my 12 fz for a year yesterday... and well yesterday night i was in a pretty good wreck.

smashed up my tank bent my bars and broke the left bracket for my foot peg.. that's the major stuff..minor scrapes but all stuff i can deal with.

so my question to you guys is if you know of any used tanks forsale. well any of those parts used.. i plan on replacing the bars and rear set aftermarket if i can find some good ones..

the classified didn't show up at all for me so im not sure if its because of my post count or what..

but thanks in advance for the help

DLSGAP

Sorry about the get off... Hope you're no worse for the wear...

Someone here had a complete spare bike they were parting out I thought

"If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do"

- www.pjsparts.com

ssky0078

Hope you are physically ok and replacing parts isn't that big of a deal.

I personally like Partshark.com for parts because they are between 10-30% below retail price on a lot of OEM parts.

As for used tanks I dunno if you'll be able to find something undamaged as most tanks get messed up during an off. There is Bob's Used Motorcycle Parts here in Phoenix but last time I was there they didn't have any Fz8 or Fz1 parts back in January.

Ryandi2

Sorry about the get off... Hope you're no worse for the wear...

Someone here had a complete spare bike they were parting out I thought

"If loud pipes save lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing could do"

- PJ's Parts

thanks man, i am good just banged up pretty good.

Hope you are physically ok and replacing parts isn't that big of a deal.

I personally like Partshark.com for parts because they are between 10-30% below retail price on a lot of OEM parts.

As for used tanks I dunno if you'll be able to find something undamaged as most tanks get messed up during an off. There is Bob's Used Motorcycle Parts here in Phoenix but last time I was there they didn't have any Fz8 or Fz1 parts back in January.

yeah physically im good everything will heal.. some good road rash on my left knee is swollen and has some guardrail still in it.. and right ankle is sprained pretty good.. but do not think anything is broke. (meat wagon said i should be good) basically my riding shoes saved my feet the left shoe is done. and my jacket saved me from most road rash. the rash i got was from it riding up. considering everything and hitting a guardrail im very lucky
Sorry to hear. Pics?
thanks i have some posted...

bfisch

Man, that sucks! Care to give a play by play? I am really new to riding and want to do everything in my power to keep that from happening. Glad you're injuries are minor. After hearing you talking about road rash from your jacket riding up I might look in to getting a onesy, but only if I can find one with a back door and footsies.

Ryandi2

Man, that sucks! Care to give a play by play? I am really new to riding and want to do everything in my power to keep that from happening. Glad you're injuries are minor. After hearing you talking about road rash from your jacket riding up I might look in to getting a onesy, but only if I can find one with a back door and footsies.

well i just wish i was wearing riding pants that maybe button into my jacket.. idk know if any one makes anything like that but that's how my Burton gear is when i go skiing..

cant stress enough about good gear.. worth every penny. basically with out writing a million pages. know whats up and where your going with your riding buddy.

Ryandi2

Man, those pics are hard to look at! Glad that you're okay.

tell me about it but i have it. but it is not as bad as it looks/could have been. just lucky i was off the bike when the tank damage happened or it could have been my leg. we believe when i hit the guardrail i took out a reflector marker and that's what did some damage of the tank and the other damage on the tank is from the rail.

my $20 yoshi swing arm spool saved my swing arm and saved my tail piece from cracking.. and i will replace the important parts first then little by little up grade and replace parts that have the little scratches to make her cherry again!

:):):)

Trooper

All I have to offer you are stock levers and fork internals...but from the looks of it you are ok for those parts...I think.

In case you do need them , let me know.

Fazer401

Bikes can be fixed...

Glad you're ok man, I'm familiar with the man vs guardrail accident and its no joke. First time my buddy literally walked away from, but second one caused some severe damage to the guys foot and leg (the one on the guardrail side). That guy will never ride again, not to mention walk properly. Like you said, if that had been your leg in there it could've been worse. Always,always good to see a guy get off ok and fix er up and get back on. I've always had good experience with BikeBandit myself, maybe some coupon codes or something floating around. There are a couple of major bike junkyards around that you might hit up for a tank- looks like that's the big ticket item for your rebuild. Gotta always look on the bright side right? Maybe it's time for some trick rear sets and side cages. Sadly, i too can only offer stock hand levers, wish i could help. Again, glad all is physically well, ride safe.

Ryandi2

All I have to offer you are stock levers and fork internals...but from the looks of it you are ok for those parts...I think.

In case you do need them , let me know.

thanks man really appreciate it!! should be all good. i only scuffed my lever and they are going to be upgraded anyway.

Glad you're ok man, I'm familiar with the man vs guardrail accident and its no joke. First time my buddy literally walked away from, but second one caused some severe damage to the guys foot and leg (the one on the guardrail side). That guy will never ride again, not to mention walk properly. Like you said, if that had been your leg in there it could've been worse. Always,always good to see a guy get off ok and fix er up and get back on. I've always had good experience with BikeBandit myself, maybe some coupon codes or something floating around. There are a couple of major bike junkyards around that you might hit up for a tank- looks like that's the big ticket item for your rebuild. Gotta always look on the bright side right? Maybe it's time for some trick rear sets and side cages. Sadly, i too can only offer stock hand levers, wish i could help. Again, glad all is physically well, ride safe.

thanks man! yeah i was thinking of some sweet rear sets .. just not to sure what ones to get.and dont want to blow 400 on a vortex set. the tank is the big money item. found the cheapest shipped on parts shark. normally i have luck with bike bandit as well. do you happen to have the names of the junk yards? i have not had any luck on used tanks.

yeah i am physically good everything will heal.. i just wish i had my old bike to hop right back on. but i am sure i am good. i did how ever ride the 8 up and down the street to make sure she was good but no pegs and bent bars make it hard :(.

Ryandi2

i ordered parts tongiht! i am hoping that she will be back in shape by the end of the month.

ordered a new tank, dan moto rear sets, renthal low bars (black), a engine plug and a bestern usa CF tank faring

Ryandi2

Update

Well i have about 1500 miles on the bike after the wreck and everything is mint! and this rebuild started something.... I CANT STOP MODDING!!!!

upgraded everything that got wrecked...and then some.. and more to come!!