I need help!!!

FZh8in

Ok, so I might be dumb or maybe working on my ninja was easier?... But I am trying to test fit a prototype tail light for custom led and I cannot find out how to get the tail section apart to get the stock tail light out and get the prototype fitted in there... Do I have to get all of the push rivits out? If so that is going to drive me insane because that's what I have been trying to do (with little success because they are hard to get out). Any and all help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

lyric911

There are 6 or 8 push rivets under the tail. They come out very easy. Push the center section in with a small screwdriver. Then they nearly fall out.

JSP

Administrator
As lyric said, push pins are actually very easy to get out. I used a small allen the same size as the center hole. It is just small enough to push the pin in but when you pull the allen back out, it pulls the rivet out with it! But yes, just push the center in until it pops. Then to put them back, push the pin back out from the rear, insert the rivet and then push the pin back flush to lock it in.

compensation

Yeah, once you push them in about a 1/8th inch or so you could use a razor blade to get behind them to push the whole rivet out if they didn't all ready fall out. Then to reset them you put the center piece sticking out a little so when you slide the rivets back in all you do is push the center piece. You might have a hard time if they are in a bind, so if they take any force to pull out then you could wiggle the plastic until you find the sweet spot where they fall out.

I wish these were all over everything else i own.