I know!...you have seen it before!....

vandenbusschebr

Looks Great! I just ordered mine the other day :) :)

Do you have any tips for installing it? or was it as straight forward as it seems.

Did you remap at all? how do you find it riding?

leemondo

Looks Great! I just ordered mine the other day :) :)

Do you have any tips for installing it? or was it as straight forward as it seems.

Did you remap at all? how do you find it riding?

No remap required and it sounds awesome!

If you mount it to the stock bracket then it's just bolt on...but if you are bolting behind the foot peg mount as i have.. then i would suggest that you drill the strap holes out larger so the bolt can be screwed in easier....i also had to turn the clevis pin on the footpeg upside down so not to foul the exhaust with the split pin.

Hope this helps :)

9 Lives

I mounted mine the same way, I am pretty sure that's how it was designed to be installed. All you need is a shorter bolt, I used a couple of the big washers from the old muffler mount on each side of the bracket. No remap on mine either, your O2 sensor will be able to adjust slightly for a slip on, most of your back pressure is going to come from the catalytic converter anyway, the slip on wont make much of a difference in back pressure.

kawk2fazer

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but anyone with the carbon or the jisu still have the stock rear turn indicators? I just installed my jisu and noticed that the exhaust points straight at the right turn indicator if you mount behind the foot-peg like the OP. just curious if there is any long term affects...like melting of the indicator...

9 Lives

I have the GP carbon with stock turn signals, no problems. About 3000km on the bike since the install.

leemondo

Didn't like the angle of the outlet soooo ....off she came!

I just cut straight down the mig weld! . :)

Personally I think it look a whole lot better, but each to their own! :cool:

vandenbusschebr

No remap required and it sounds awesome!

If you mount it to the stock bracket then it's just bolt on...but if you are bolting behind the foot peg mount as i have.. then i would suggest that you drill the strap holes out larger so the bolt can be screwed in easier....i also had to turn the clevis pin on the footpeg upside down so not to foul the exhaust with the split pin.

Hope this helps :)

I think it looks great mounted straight to the pass peg like that, so i will just have to copy you!

Comes in on Monday! so excited.

BTW that black is sleek looking. Wishing they offered that on the 2012