I hit a deer.

compensation

I just figured i would put this out here for you guys. But going home from work a few weeks ago at night i hit a deer doing 40mph. I hit its butt then ran its leg over. The passing car thought i was toast, but i kept it up. Just my 2 cents here, but if you are gonna hit one I would suggest locking your elbows since you wont have time for much more the that. It didnt do anything to me or the bike besides donate some hair. Also the speed limit was 45, i was going 40 since that is my comfortable wrecking speed.:)

cpatt

holy shit you kept it up? thats crazy. glad your ok.
and i like your comfortable wrecking speed... mines a little lower. about 1mph haha

compensation

Haha I pick 40 since i hit pavement (sand was involved) and a tree (front brakes locked up) at that speed on dirtbikes. Locking my elbows saved me on this one, and I swear if a car pulls out in front of me i am jumping up.

malikona

holy shit you kept it up? thats crazy. glad your ok.
and i like your comfortable wrecking speed... mines a little lower. about 1mph haha

I've seen video of a guy on a GSXR hitting a deer in exactly the same fashion except at probably 60+ mph, and he kept it up too, no obvious damage to the bike. There was obvious damage to the deer though. I hope it had good insurance.