I got SCREWED!

myklobe

I got home today and just happened to notice this thanks goodness.

So I pulled it out... OMG!

1845 miles on the bike and I find the hugest screw in the road haha. Patched and test ridden. Hopefully, there's air in the tire in the morning :)

FZ8Panda

Dang! That is a long ass screw. Thankfully it's in the middle of the tread so your patch should hold up. :)

myklobe

I've plugged at least 10 screw / nail holes in my cars. Apparently, I just have a knack of finding random debris on the roads. None have been this glorious though, so I thought I'd share haha.

So far, the plug and rubber cement has held 42lbs. I'll check again after work, but I think she'll be fine :)

dabner

speaking of which...

What do you guys generally run for pressure?

I'm about 32 cold, and 36 hot, both front and back. I read once that you should have a 10% increase from cold to hot... idk.

FastZ8

I ran over a screw on my old Katana with a brand new tire so I patched it and rode it...Did burnouts and everything else on it and it never failed...the tire was showing wires in the center and the plug was still holding strong...Lol I've long since outgrown the burn out habbit...Got pretty expensive

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
Go for front end feel, what ever you like for the front run about 3 or 4 more in the rear.

I run 36 front 39 rear hot.

Marthy

Go for front end feel, what ever you like for the front run about 3 or 4 more in the rear.

I use the +10% front & +20% rear rule. With my Conti I was at 30/28 cold and it was fine. I swap the tires for softer compound. The 09 is a bit too light for those tires, couldn't put any heat in them. Got some Angel GT on now. Waiting on my ECU and few other goodies before i ride.

RoadKill

I picked up a screw today too :( i am replacing my brand new tire though.
The ZX1000 comes with Bridgestone S20's $176 for the new tire and $50 to put it on. sucks.....

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...

So, this is OK for the street.... but my recent trip to VIR has tought me I did not know what is really capable with front end feel..... I was running 30-30 cold and ended up at 30-32 hot, so I was really working the rear tire...

SO MUCH FEEL lol

I think for the street probably 32-32 cold is good (in hind sight) :p