http://www.faic.cc

kjonas75

Anyone used these folks to provide custom Power Commander maps for $50 ?
Looking at a custom map for the FZ8 with K&N and Graves slip on.

kjonas75

D

Deleted member 438

I'm curious as to how these guys can build you a map. What is the base they are running off of?

kjonas75

They sent me an email that they wanted me to send them my map, so they can get the version no.

I have no idea how to provide this as I don't have the Power Commander yet.

Sounds like they want the stock Yamaha map, but not sure if the Power Commander has a feature to backup the stock Yamaha map.

I'm new to all this so I am trying to gather as much info as possibe before I get my Power Commander next week.

I am also confused about the O2 Optimiser that has been used on most of the maps I found.

lyric911

They sent me an email that they wanted me to send them my map, so they can get the version no.

I have no idea how to provide this as I don't have the Power Commander yet.

Sounds like they want the stock Yamaha map, but not sure if the Power Commander has a feature to backup the stock Yamaha map.

I'm new to all this so I am trying to gather as much info as possibe before I get my Power Commander next week.

I am also confused about the O2 Optimiser that has been used on most of the maps I found.

The O2 optimizer is a unit that plugs in under the tank. Figure g in the linked pdf explains what it does. http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/22-040/install/pcv/eng22-040.pdf

Unsure if it can back up the stock map from the Yamaha ECU. I believe that the PCV comes loaded with a duplicate of the stock Yamaha map.

kjonas75

The Power Commander part number I bought is the 22-040 and seems to include the a single channel O2 Optimizer.

However I still don't understand why some maps state O2 Optimser and others don't.

Any idea what exactly it means that a map was created with an O2 Optimizer ?

Since I will be installing the optimizer (as in the instriction), I assume I also have to use a map that has been created with the O2 Optimizer.