How's the insurance on the 13' fz8

Tango59

The bad part is that insurance companies consider the 8 a sportbike. Flo and State Farm said the same thing. Must be advertising. I'm wondering what they'll do with the new 09 .

gufazi

Flo did alright by me, but it was for a 2011 in Virginia:

40 years old, MSF grad, 4th bike (including wife's), 7 years riding, no claims, accidents, or tickets.

I have comprehensive and chose to do $1000 deductible with the disappearing option - means without a claim the deductible will automatically reduce by 25% every year.

Total price $283 / year. Sometimes it pays to be a slightly older dude, with a slightly older bike, I guess. BTW, Geico, who covers my cars, was more than twice as much!

UPSHIFTzero

What about Farmers, I would get a quote but my computer is acting like it has a virus, and I don't trust putting SSN. On it

I'm 19 with 2 years of experience and found the cheapest with Geico at about $180 a month for Liability ONLY! I got quotes from at least a dozen other agencies that averaged about $200 a month or more. I chose Geico for a few reasons, I have my auto insurance with them, they offer a winter storage program, and of course they are the cheapest I could find. No accidents, tickets,(ever) and I took the motorcycle safety course. :bs2:

krillz

33 in NC, pay $350 a year full coverage with Allstate, was $1100 with Geico. Get a local agent. Geico said there a bunch of claims a year on this bike Nationally but my local Allstate said theres none in my City of Raleigh NC.

PS I do have 2 cars 2 bikes and a Home so its a bit cheaper

rail

It seems that Geico seriously doesn't like insuring motorcycles, they quoted me over $2,000 for insurance on my '11 FZ8 :eek:. Cost me about $900 through Allstate for the same thing. Flo was about the same. I'm considering dropping collision (nearly $600 alone), but I'm not sure. I am 29, 4 years riding experience with a mostly clean record. I think I am back up to +5 virginia DMV points this year, so hopefully that goes down :D

HenryT

I called Geico about insurance and they were about $2000 on the ZRX1100 I had about 10 years ago!! Progressive was $350 then state farm was about $250 a year on it. The R1 I had was about the same with SF.

UPSHIFTzero

I got a quote from Flo and it's 255 a month, little past my limit but do able
But I like the HD iron 883 $74 a month with progressive not bad at all, or the ducati monster 696 at $199/month I think I'll wait before I get a fz8 just to gain a little more experience before I get on a bike with that much HP

jkl76

Good Lord people! Ya'll are paying wayyy to much for insurance on your FZ8 I have a 2013 with full coverage with a 500 deductible and im only 22 for 1200. Ive been riding for only 2 years too. My insurance states that I will get a brand new bike no matter what happens to my bike within the first two years of ownership. Pretty sweet deal and It'll be going down next year after my 3rd year of riding.