How's the insurance on the 13' fz8

UPSHIFTzero

I'm 17 and have 2 years experience on a 2011 honda cbr250, and I rode my neighbors high performance cruiser 1800cc, and sat on a 2005 r1, I want naked bike, either the fz8 or the triumph street triple, but the insurance Is whats worrying me

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
I'm 17 and have 2 years experience on a 2011 honda cbr250, and I rode my neighbors high performance cruiser 1800cc, and sat on a 2005 r1, I want naked bike, either the fz8 or the triumph street triple, but the insurance Is whats worrying me

Go online, or call a dealer, get a VIN, and call your agent to get a quote.

b-eock

I'm 17. First street legal bike. Registered and everything. I'm in Dallas Texas. I have a full coverage with $3,000 in accessories along with the full bike cost. I pay right around $3,000 a year.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

b-eock

And that's through Progressive. Cheapest I could find. And State Farm wouldn't even consider covering me.

villhelmromero

I'm 25 and the fz8 is only my second bike. I also had a honda cbr250 and rode it for a year. state farm currently has me at 100 dollars a month and it went down last month to 45. I'm guessing 6 months of being accident free? also it depends on your location if you live inside of a busy city your rates may be higher or if you live in an area where theft is higher the rate will be higher also. I live just outside of San Antonio and my rates aren't bad.

Last edited:

UPSHIFTzero

I live in OK, could the insurance be in my grandpas name, ill be paying for the bikes payment and insurance depending on how much it is a month

b-eock

I took the MSF course and we tried the main rider as my step dad. And its still 3K a year. You can try. Good luck!

Kardiac996

Im in MD and im 28 and 2nd bike with progressive. 2013 financed with 500 deductibles on collision and comprehensive with 3k accessory added 700 bucks to my policy for the year totaling out at 900 with my 98 superhawk.

Cant wait to pay off and remove 500 of that for comprehensive.

Progressive will allow quoting online to give you a general number that is real close to actual. i think after quote there was a 15 dollar difference on the real deal.

thach1130

Following the suggestion of a post on this forum i checked out Rider Insurance and now it is $150 for liability insurance for a year.

HenryT

Yeah liability will not be that bad, its the collision that's killing you. A 17 YO on a sport type large displacement street bike is any insurance companies worst nightmare.....expect to pay lots till your mid 20s and you can keep your accident/ticket history clean.

Tango59

I'm 53, no wrecks or tickets in over 25 years and Flo quoted me 1600 a year. My State Farm agent got it down to 900.....

Bajaedition

Down to 600?
Ouch
Flo made my full coverage just over. 600 for the year. I am 55 been riding since I was in my 20s

UPSHIFTzero

Option. I know they have a naked version, and I could order parts to make it a naked looking bike, I mainly want a I4 or I3 engine, but I'm a big ducati fan, the ducati are sparse around me. The fz8 just really caught my attention