How to stop heat on the inner thighs?

nando

Hi All,

Got a Fazer 8, very good all rounder etc etc

However, when I'm stuck on heavy traffic, I am a little bit worried at just how hot the bottom just below the tank on either side gets (the black strips on either side of the tank that goes against your thighs)

As soon as you get to normal speeds, all is well hence its just a slow speed / hot engine issue.

Has anyone fixed this? Just a general issue and we live with it?

Thanks

eru000

From what I understand of physics, it really isn't possible. Looks at the way the frame is designed. It's bolted directly and very closely to the engine. When not flowing cool air, it conducts heat very well and transfers it throughout the entire frame (acting as a heat sink).

Woody146

Banned
Hi All,

Got a Fazer 8, very good all rounder etc etc

However, when I'm stuck on heavy traffic, I am a little bit worried at just how hot the bottom just below the tank on either side gets (the black strips on either side of the tank that goes against your thighs)

As soon as you get to normal speeds, all is well hence its just a slow speed / hot engine issue.

Has anyone fixed this? Just a general issue and we live with it?

Thanks

That is very interesting....you are not the first to complain about the heat...all the complaints are from the fazers too...weird...there is a thread buried on here somewhere about that issue...some people are putting heat blankets under the tank or seat or somewhere.

eru000

That is very interesting....you are not the first to complain about the heat...all the complaints are from the fazers too...weird...there is a thread buried on here somewhere about that issue...some people are putting heat blankets under the tank or seat or somewhere.

I've got an FZ8, not a Fazer, and I experience this issue in warmer weather stopped in traffic.

nando

Ah never mind, thought the "its a general issue not just your bike" might be the case but wanted to check anyway.

Will need to learn keeping my legs out that little bit more when in traffic!

Its worth it due to the extra power and acceleration we get over other 800cc bikes. I wish Yamaha had fixed some of these niggles though, help it to be that much better

Last edited:

pigdog

im using a welders heat blanket. its 12x12" & is made of flexible carbon fiber. a welding supply store carries them for about $15.