How often are you getting cut off?

n00b

Avid Rider
It's almost daily for me.

I don't bother pulling them off the camera usually. This one was last week. Happened twice that day.

(sorry, camera was pointed a little too far down)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAjwlxIepYU]another cut off - YouTube[/ame]

BLAZEX09

Commuter
Almost got side swiped the other day. Luckily I was quick on the gas, my rear tire was probably around a 2 feet from the guys front bumper. This was on the highway so I was going around 100km. :eek:

Throw on a loud pipe and stay frosty.

ssky0078

I hope this doesn't come out wrong but why did you slow down when beside that guy and how long were you in his blind spot?

I personally don't get cut off very often. I am typically the aggressive one and doing the cutting off. For about 40-50 feet on the flank of a vehicle up until I'm in the front quarter of their vehicle I'm accelerating till I know they should see me. I feel like the shorter amount of time to get cut off the better.

The other thing I would suggest from the video but not sure if its how it was for you. I would change my lane position. If I'm passing on the right I typically stay to center to right of my lane. I try to look at drivers in their side view mirror as well and through their back windshield. If I'm feeling reall saucy I will rock the bike back and forth to waive the headlight about.

n00b

Avid Rider
I hope this doesn't come out wrong but why did you slow down when beside that guy and how long were you in his blind spot?

I personally don't get cut off very often. I am typically the aggressive one and doing the cutting off. For about 40-50 feet on the flank of a vehicle up until I'm in the front quarter of their vehicle I'm accelerating till I know they should see me. I feel like the shorter amount of time to get cut off the better.

The other thing I would suggest from the video but not sure if its how it was for you. I would change my lane position. If I'm passing on the right I typically stay to center to right of my lane. I try to look at drivers in their side view mirror as well and through their back windshield. If I'm feeling reall saucy I will rock the bike back and forth to waive the headlight about.
because frequently cars make a left turn into the shopping center between traffic cars without considering what's coming down the right lane, and the next red light is right down the street... normal speed whether i'm in a car or a bike for that section.

rug_burn

I'm with ssky0078- When you're on a bike- the one thing you do have is the freedom to move through holes easily. It's best to do just that- get out of the pack as soon as you can, and if you can't- at least get alongside other vehicles so the driver can see you. In other words- don't hang out in someone's blind spot...

ssky0078

because frequently cars make a left turn into the shopping center between traffic cars without considering what's coming down the right lane, and the next red light is right down the street... normal speed whether i'm in a car or a bike for that section.

I see. I try to avoid roads like that as much as possible. Luckily az is so open we can do that pretty easily

FastZ8

2 or 3 times a week...but then the ol lady usually gives in...haha..I'm just kidding...but no I don't get cut off on my bike as much as one would think...can't recall even once since I bought my 8 in February.

Martimusx

I forget who said it but i try to ride imagining that cars are zombies and you just gotta get away. Sounds stupid but its fun and it works.

BLAZEX09

Commuter
I forget who said it but i try to ride imagining that cars are zombies and you just gotta get away. Sounds stupid but its fun and it works.

That's a good one. I always ride slightly faster than the flow of traffic, spending very little time in any cars blind spot.

ssky0078

Are we talking Resident Evil zombies or Walking Dead zombies? I mean it makes a huge difference. And if it's Will Smith I Am Legend zombies, then I don't think I could ride that well.

Tiffy

Are we talking Resident Evil zombies or Walking Dead zombies? I mean it makes a huge difference. And if it's Will Smith I Am Legend zombies, then I don't think I could ride that well.

Zombies that run is just plain wrong!!:eek:

cambo

Avid Rider
Haven't been cut off yet (knock on wood) but I also ride with an un-silenced MIVV double gun. And I've got a supposedly louder exhaust on the way.

ssky0078

In town I'm use to it by now , but its the highway that always gets me surprised . Like this lady who cut me off with now warning or reason to get over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvbf39EowTQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I watched that before.

FYI - if you want to post on the forum so the embedded player works, when you are copying the link make sure you do the following steps.

1. In the upper right corner where your icon/avatar is click on that
2. Click on My Channel
3. Click on Uploads
4. Click on the video you want to show
5. Copy paste the URL from there to embed the video