How much?

charris247

Hi Everyone,

For some time now, I have been thinking of picking up a Speed Triple R. My plan is to keep the FZ8 as a daily commuter, but I was just wondering what you all think I could get for it, if I did need to sell it. The mods in my signature are up to date and the bike has ~2500 miles on it.

I love the bike, but depending on how much the dealer wants for the Triple, I may need to consider parting ways.

Thanks and safe riding.

Harrywz

Hi Everyone,

For some time now, I have been thinking of picking up a Speed Triple R. My plan is to keep the FZ8 as a daily commuter, but I was just wondering what you all think I could get for it, if I did need to sell it. The mods in my signature are up to date and the bike has ~2500 miles on it.

I love the bike, but depending on how much the dealer wants for the Triple, I may need to consider parting ways.

Thanks and safe riding.

First off dealers will give you SFA for aftermarket accessories. They usually open up their blue book and give you value that is there. I don't know if it works same in US as here but value of trade-in is deducted before taxes so you end up paying less tax at the end. Dealer usually gives "wholesale" value which is lower than street value. If you are seriously considering trade in, remove all aftermarket stuff and revert bike back to stock. You will get better value for a stock bike than one that is all "blinged" out. Plus you will be able to recoup some money after selling these parts and use that towards parts for new bike.

JSP

Administrator
Wont get but crap for trade in...

Selling outright for a 2011 will be somewhere in the $5500-$6000 range depending on your area.

charris247

It definitely works a bit different here. I am open to a private sale vs trade in. I know that removing all the mods would allow me to make a bit more money but at this point it would be such a pain to remove them all.

Like I said, I am not leaning toward selling my FZ8. I truly do love the bike and it is currently setup as a decent touring bike.

I may put some feelers out privately to see what I get. That way I would not have to remove all the mods.

Thanks for your input. :)

DLSGAP

6ish sounds about right. Mods may not suit the new owner and are very rarely ever recouped in a sale.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Stangrrr

Weekend Rider
Don't know how much you'd get for a trade in, but just wanted to comment that the Speed Triple R is a great bike. I've ridden a couple of regular (non R)Speedy's, and a Street Triple R before, loved them...

DLSGAP

Agreed... Even the non r model s3 is a great bike. The power on that 1050 motor is so linear and smooth it's insane

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2