How much have you spent so far?

C

Camo

am i the only one who doesn't buy new gear because i have a new bike? i just buy gear when i need it.
Nope. I buy gear when I need it also.. Summer gear, winter gear and track gear...and the unfortunate need to have wet weather gear lol. Hate buying wet weather gear though it helps a ton when you're dry, you can concentrate on the job at hand rather than how cold and wet you are ;)

RyanSterling

Suspension Mod Evangelist
OH, man. I dont even want to start doing that math. It's better I think to grab a cold beer and go out in the garage and see where it is, than add up what it took to get it there.

;)

F

Fazed

Mods so far

Oxford heated hand grips - $115 (self installed)
MIVV double gun - $260 from Camo (self installed)
SpeedoDRD - $90 (including delivery, self installed)
Airbox mod - $0
Modded flies - $0
Dual low beam headlight mod - $5 (self installed)

Crazywb23

ONE MILLION DOLLARS

C

Camo

I think my outlay has been nearly 3k but I've sold other bits and pieces that has probably brought the costing down to 1500-2000 mark.
That's just in bits and pieces for the bike, I also bought a one piece suit that I'm still waiting for, a helmet plus tires and servicing.

Put the bike on the market today actually.

Guillaume

Hmmm, without taxes about $1,930 so far (and counting...):
Rizoma grips $63
Rizoma spools $45
Rizoma gas cap $216
Rizoma sprocket cover $178
Rizoma chain guard $127
Rizoma bar-end mirror $120
Top Sellerie seat $482
Motoflyte carbon fiber heel guards $35
BKmoto HID headlight (+ extra HID + painted reflector black) $260
Danmoto exhaust $137
Yamaha radiator guard $100
Yamaha frame sliders $130
Yamaha ugly tank protector $20

According to my app, I paid $918.28 in gas and $219.09 for new tires since March 6th 2012

Last edited:

Guillaume

In think someone has a Rizoma fetish :)

It's my European side... I can't help it! haha
Their stuff is way good though. I've always wanted their bar-end mirrors but thought they were too pricey. I cheaped out on bar-end mirrors from Amazon and the things vibrated like nuts, 1 broke when I put it on and they both came loose, broken or not.
So I returned them and went with Rizoma and that thing is rock solid. Now I'm converted (and broke...)

B

bren

I think about 1500 so far. I have added:

Mivv exhaust- 300
Gold levers- 50
Gold low rise handle bars- 50
Gold passenger pegs-40
Gold Rider pegs-40
fender eliminator-60
Gen X bug screen-150
carbon fibre heel plates-50
carbon fibre radiator fairings- 150
FZ8 radiator guard- 150
gold keyless gas filler cap- 55
rego label tube- 30
gold swing arm spools- 25

just ordered the ermax belly pan- 300

Guillaume

Well, I think I need to add to my "Rizoma-wh*re" status as I just added the rearsets to my collection...

Rizoma rear sets $703
Rizoma matching passenger pegs $75
Rizoma pegs adapters $37
Motodynamics LED smoked taillight $75
Proton LED flush turn signals $100 (ordered last night)

I guess that brings the total to h*%ly-sh#t-I-just-spent-2,920-dollars...

Rizoma grips $63
Rizoma spools $45
Rizoma gas cap $216
Rizoma sprocket cover $178
Rizoma chain guard $127
Rizoma bar-end mirror $120
Top Sellerie seat $482
Motoflyte carbon fiber heel guards $35
BKmoto HID headlight (+ extra HID + painted reflector black) $260
Danmoto exhaust $137
Yamaha radiator guard $100
Yamaha frame sliders $130
Yamaha ugly tank protector $20

In think someone has a Rizoma fetish :)

Last edited:

Guillaume

Dang, those are pricey rear sets.

Yeah they are... I kinda fell into the Rizoma thing a little like my photography style. Once you're married to a glass (Nikon lenses for example), that's where you spend your money.
I have to say though that they are amazing, good looking and incredibly well built (they better be for that price) and I value this; not sure to what $ amount, but I value it. There is almost no play and it feels like the shifter is now perfectly built to very low tolerances, gears just shift with no play which feels great. I have no idea if other rear sets are the same way but for that price, I like to fool myself in thinking that they are close to the best they could be... hehe, ignorance is bliss right?
PJ's Parts has them for $621 (still pricey) but I already had mine in shipping when I realized...

Yeah they are... I kinda fell into the Rizoma thing a little like my photography style. Once you're married to a glass (Nikon lenses for example), that's where you spend your money.
I have to say though that they are amazing, good looking and incredibly well built (they better be for that price) and I value this; not sure to what $ amount, but I value it. There is almost no play and it feels like the shifter is now perfectly built to very low tolerances, gears just shift with no play which feels great. I have no idea if other rear sets are the same way but for that price, I like to fool myself in thinking that they are close to the best they could be... hehe, ignorance is bliss right?
PJ's Parts has them for $621 (still pricey) but I already had mine in shipping when I realized...

They do look really nice. And I like the locking peg option. I need luggage before I can justify something like that though. Rearsets are really low on my list.