How do you carry spare helmet?

RS1

Her jacket can go in the backpack but what is a good way to attach a helmet to the back ?

Thanks

gufazi

Unfortunately, no helmet lock or alternative standard on the FZ8. Some people have made one from a hook / cable in the passenger seat. They tend to scratch up the tail in my experience.

I broke down and bought this from Japan.
YAMAHA : HelmetHangerSet [Q5KYSK056E03]

A bit pricey, but I had a coupon, so it ended up about $39, delivered in one week.

RS1

Thanks for the info.. It doesn't even have to be a lock, but I am wondering how to actually transport it so it doesn't fall off while riding, or damage anything.. Ideas? I guess you can strap it down to the back seat using a bungee or net or something?

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Thanks for the info.. It doesn't even have to be a lock, but I am wondering how to actually transport it so it doesn't fall off while riding, or damage anything.. Ideas? I guess you can strap it down to the back seat using a bungee or net or something?

I have always used a bungee net, makes it easy, and nothing permanent needed.

Rotaryknight

I use a cargo bungie net. I sometimes use the cargo straps that is under the rear seat. I use the helmet strap and lace it through the cargo strap and tighten it. It did put a nice scratch on the rear tail though...