Hit and Run?!?!?!?!?

SeñorJack

El Guapo
Sooooo I just became the reciever of my first and only hit and run!!!!!!!! I was hit by an oncoming car turning left with no signal. He slammed on his brakes and I turned. I took his bumper in the leg and swingarm on the left and rode that mother****er out! gave my number to a witness, fired the 8 up and caught that ****er!!!!!!! I got in front of him (stupid) and managed to pull him over. I proceeded to kick his car door in and told him this is a citizens arrest and if he gets out I will detain his ass w force. the witness called 911. I was going to push charges, but i broke most of his windows. so its aggriated assault vs attempted 3rd degree manslaughter.

just needed a place to vent.

grant696

Wow. That was intense. Probably not what you want to hear, but I feel you could have handled that a bit better. You should be happy you're okay.

SeñorJack

El Guapo
Wow. That was intense. Probably not what you want to hear, but I feel you could have handled that a bit better. You should be happy you're okay.

I totally could have. but you know that moment when you make eye contact and they run? that was too much for me :( but ya I mean what if he was carrying a gun you know? or was drunk lookin for a fight. I'm alot better now he really didnt hurt me, I wouldnt have even been mad he just didnt see me. anyways, I'm gonna drink this beer and Thank the lord that I am here to post this after.

ssky0078

Holy crap. Glad you're ok and the bike sounds like minimal effort to get fixed. I get that feeling all the time of just laying into some cager but thankfully I have yet to lose my self-control.

You should add your experience to the Biker Rage Story thread

cambo

Avid Rider
**** YEAH.

My pussy ass will live vicariously through you.

If that were me, I totally would've chased him down, knocked on his window while riding beside him, and if he didn't pull over. I'd knock on it again. and then he'd give me the finger and run me off the road and I'd high side into a bouncy castle.

SeñorJack

El Guapo
I'm feeling alot better now. My wife cooled me down and helped me realize that if I wanna get my bike on the track, I can't get shot or beat up by anyone. I picked a winner :)

krillz

Damn man. Glad your good, and glad it wasn't me or my .40 Glock would have been knocking on his window. I obviously wouldn't shoot him but made sure he pulled over. Live to ride another day brother. Be safe to all my fellow brothers(and sisters).

alexk

Weekend Rider
I'm sure I'm going to damage my reputation by saying this but...

Take a quick read through this entire thread, and pay attention to how many of the posts espouse violence or incredibly stupid behavior. THIS is the reason bikers aren't taken seriously by lawmakers. THIS is why we're seen as a bunch of hooligans.

Bloody hell, people... apply a modicum of restraint, and for everyone's sake think and see more than one step ahead of you; nobody should have to shovel your carcass off the road because you decided to take revenge on a bad driver.

Remember... breathe. If your adrenaline gets the best of you, PULL OVER and breathe.

SeñorJack

El Guapo

Take a quick read through this entire thread, and pay attention to how many of the posts espouse violence or incredibly stupid behavior. THIS is the reason bikers aren't taken seriously by lawmakers. THIS is why we're seen as a bunch of hooligans.

Bloody hell, people... apply a modicum of restraint, and for everyone's sake think and see more than one step ahead of you; nobody should have to shovel your carcass off the road because you decided to take revenge on a bad driver.

Remember... breathe. If your adrenaline gets the best of you, PULL OVER and breathe.

not losing respect in my book, thats your opinion. But I'll tell you what if I was in a car I'd probably have done the same. And as far as being seen as a hooligan, well thats alright with me. Not preferable, but alright. Got a loud exhaust? ever break the speed limit? And I don't know where you are from, but here I feel like I am taken seriously by my government.

Also, again don't know where you are from but thats how I was raised. Now there are quite a few people that understand the risks of a hit and run no? Try to kill me then run, accident or not I will make sure I do my best to make sure justice is served.

And I am just assuming, but I have enjoyed a nice 27 years of my life doing things that are considered "incredibly stupid" behavior. Isn't the act of completing a lap on a track considered incredibly stupid by grandmothers across the globe? to hurl your body around on two glorified rubber balloons?

in my culture the only person who considered me a hooligan was the person who got caught. don't know how it works in yours.

just my opinion, thanks for yours

MikeC

Weekend Rider

You know, I was looking over the posts (about 7 responses), thinking that there were more violent or stupid behaviors, but a majority of the posts were empathetic, and non-violent. There were maybe only one or two that I saw that encouraged "stupid behavior"

"Holy crap! Hope you're alright! That is ridiculous... "
"Glad to hear you're OK, that could've ended badly... "
"I hope it wasn't his back door you kicked in!!!! "
"Holy crap. Glad you're ok and the bike sounds like minimal effort to get fixed. I get that feeling all the time of just laying into some cager but thankfully I have yet to lose my self-control."

These are all fairly non-violent?

mduff

Glad you're okay. It's one thing to cause the accident, another to leave the scene! I would have consideration for the person that made sure I was okay and applogizing for making a poor turn, but hit 'n' run...

n00b

Avid Rider
I would never hit and run, or even witness something and leave, but for whatever reason, if someone started kicking in my car doors and smashing my windows while I (or my family) is in the car, I wouldn't think twice about defending myself with deadly force. I'd deal with the consequences later. If the person is pissed off enough to go that far, I'd have no way of knowing where they'd stop.
Glad you're ok man and nothing happened.