HID retrofit

bpassmore8

This is for anyone thinking about a retrofit. I retrofitted with a Mini D2S projector from TRS. I have done 2 retrofits on my truck which was a much easier project. It was kind of a pain in the ass and didn't turn out perfect but is not worth redoing. The cutoff isn't straight but that should get better when i get a new bulb holder since I broke the one that came with it but it will still be a little crooked but I was running out of patience and needed it running this weekend. The light output is much better than the shitty OEM headlight. I used a 5500k bulb and installed a demon eye while I was at it but it doesn't seem very visible on a sunny day. I think it looks much better with a dark headlight assembly. I hate chrome. I'll get a picture of the headlight tomorrow

Here is a video of the light output on a country road with no street lights
https://youtu.be/XtdyBmbvHmU

I won't be home during daylight until Sunday so this is the best picture I have for now
Retrofit.jpg

Last edited:

HeresMyMind

I did the same, 55 watt ballast with Osram CBI bulbs. now I have dual LED projectors from a corolla in the Fazer 8 headlight

GJ with a proper retrofit!

-B

HeresMyMind

Side note: your bulb isnt seat properly... it should look like this... you have streaks and shadows and a blurry cutoff

That is my mini d2s from TRS + osram bulb

-B

bpassmore8

Side note: your bulb isnt seat properly... it should look like this... you have streaks and shadows and a blurry cutoff

That is my mini d2s from TRS + osram bulb

-B

Ya i mentioned that I broke the bulb holder so it is ghetto rigged right now until the new one gets here