help with exhaust choice please.

n8kdfz8

Ok I thought I could do without an aftermarket exhaust, but the factory pipe is so darn quiet its not as fun. So I have been trying to research on two bros exh. And yosh exh. But its so hard to drop $350+ on a pipe to that makes noise. Lol then u come across danmoto exh. And for $120 - $135 u can get the noise. Maybe not the power. I don't help me decide. What r the negatives to a danmoto? Finish fading quickly? Gonna have to replac pipe again after couple years? I know u Can repack the more expensive ones. Any help.would greatly be appreciated! Thx.

reALIGNed

I had the same thoughts and went for the dan moto, it really is a nice pipe, I almost chose the stainless canister model, then decided on the carbon. At road speed, they all seem the same, and the price is fantastic. If this cheaper pipe fails in a couple years..........for this price I'll do it again. But,...I'm real happy with my DanMoto.

n8kdfz8

I had the same thoughts and went for the dan moto, it really is a nice pipe, I almost chose the stainless canister model, then decided on the carbon. At road speed, they all seem the same, and the price is fantastic. If this cheaper pipe fails in a couple years..........for this price I'll do it again. But,...I'm real happy with my DanMoto.

Thx for ur input! So no slight rusting of any kind? Fading?

ssky0078

Depends on the color of your bike and year. I had a black '08 Fz6 and was planning on the Two Brothers Black Series M2 Vale Carbon Fiber exhaust. I was doing it for looks and performance. I talked with the customer service manager for a good 30 minutes about the benefits and such. I was sold and I thought it was awesome customer service, which that is a factor I put a lot of my purchases on.

Another guy in here had a Danmoto with a Carbon Fiber and it turned gold after awhile. Looked crappy.

Last edited:

n8kdfz8

Depends on the color of your bike and year. I had a black '08 and was planning on the Two Brothers Black Series M2 Vale Carbon Fiber exhaust. I was doing it for looks and performance. I talked with the customer service manager for a good 30 minutes about the benefits and such. I was sold and I thought it was awesome customer service, which that is a factor I put a lot of my purchases on.

Another guy in here had a Danmoto with a Carbon Fiber and it turned gold after awhile. Looked crappy.

I got the 2012 fz8 matte gray n black. I wanted the same exhaust as u. Looks great but for $400+ idk. Quality is a plus though.

n8kdfz8

Just cut your factory pipe, youtube fz8 shortened muffler

Lol I have all the tools to do it too! But I'm worried if I got that fix it ticket I could just slip on the factory for min. Then again if I sold bike is sell it back to nearly stock.

RoadKill

I say the yoshi R77 all stainless is worth it. I LOVE the sound and it looks great too. The build quality is top notch but $350 is not easy to part with for basically a better sound/volume and flashy looks.

Even though i need the money now I do not regret buying the R77 i even ride with the music turned off now just to hear the bike, it really sounds awesome.

reALIGNed

the way i see it, it is what it is....a $125.00 slip on muffler. I've been a motorcycle wrench for 11 yrs. (professionally) and I've seen exhaust systems come and go.......but once again, for $125, it cant be beat for that price. True power gains people are looking for are only found under race track applications and/or the dyno, so for street use and the DanMoto sound, it sold me. :2cents:

black8

Ive got the dan moto jisu in black and no problems at all and for the price you cant fault them all stainless steel and even the welding is spot plus they are a nice shape on see below

n8kdfz8

Ive got the dan moto jisu in black and no problems at all and for the price you cant fault them all stainless steel and even the welding is spot plus they are a nice shape on see below

That's the same exact one I was looking at! Thx for pics! I also saw someone's vids on YouTube for that same exhaust.

black8

I did look at the yosh but over here(uk)it worked out the same price as an akrapovic £500 which i couldn`t justifi for a slip on hence the jisu and to be honest,its the best money iv`e spent in ages.:)

jonnyedwards1981

I did look at the yosh but over here(uk)it worked out the same price as an akrapovic £500 which i couldn`t justifi for a slip on hence the jisu and to be honest,its the best money iv`e spent in ages.:)

I'm in UK too mate, where did you by from and what's the price? Is it a good sounding exhaust too? I'm looking at yoshimura but am a little but reluctant to shed out £500 notes for a slip on too. Can get it cheaper imported from USA but still £400 or so...

black8

I'm in UK too mate, where did you by from and what's the price? Is it a good sounding exhaust too? I'm looking at yoshimura but am a little but reluctant to shed out £500 notes for a slip on too. Can get it cheaper imported from USA but still £400 or so...

Hi mate i got mine direct from Danmoto Motorcycle Racing Parts & Accessories. if you log in and make an account it will walk you through all the way to payment,there are loads to chose from it worked out $120 about 90 quid with a baffle with the shipping.few tips if you do log in and buy 1, pay in us dollars and use their ems courier service its all fully tracked and takes about a week to come,it will go through uk customs but nothing to pay
If you order 1 get the baffle as they dont come with them only $7.when you click on the link use the danmoto inter part.

black8

put it like this i challenge you to find better for price you will not be dissapointed
where abouts in the uk are you if you want to see mine you are more than welcome mate.

Last edited: