Help, how to block AIS hose

chodatus

Hey Guys,

Just attached a two brothers slip on to the Fazer and experiencing popping on decels. I've read that this can be solved by blocking the AIS hose.

Can anyone give me a step by step on the most efficient way to do this. Help locating it etc etc.

Thanks in advance

Harrywz

Hey Guys,

Just attached a two brothers slip on to the Fazer and experiencing popping on decels. I've read that this can be solved by blocking the AIS hose.

Can anyone give me a step by step on the most efficient way to do this. Help locating it etc etc.

Thanks in advance

On cruisers, used to remove one end of air line, shove a marble in the hose and reconnect the hose. You maybe able to do that in the hose that runs to the airbox, plug it there and you'll still have the AIS plumbing, but air should not be getting to the cylinders.

Last edited:

BLAZEX09

Commuter
Interesting: I always sort of liked the popping my R6 made on decel, It got all snarly and with a few pops thrown in it sounded like a beast.

shaunone

Here's my solution: I removed the airbox lid and located the AIS intake hole. If you are sitting on the bike, it is in the upper left hand side of the airbox, facing upwards. I found a coarse thread socket cap bolt in a slightly larger diameter than the hole and force threaded it in. I also put an O-ring on it for good measure. Worked perfect, and is easily reversible.