help for a noob

trimyantidrug

okay so i finally got a few mods for my bike but am having issues getting them installed.

First I got the ebay special fender eliminator. i got the four bolts under the seat loose just unsure where to go from there like how to get the turn signals and the wires for them deattached from the stock fender.

second i got the yamaha centerstand kit for the bike. i got everythign on except the spring to keep it up while riding. i was hoping some one could tell me a trick for it besides brute strenght.

here's hoping you can help a noob save a few bucks if not i going to have to take it to the shop and i really don't want too. thanks

trixster8

Follow the wires from each light all the way back, under the rider's seat, that's where they the have connectors, disconnect them and pull them all the way out. Then install them on your fender eliminator and run the wires all the back.

Not sure about the spring, got any pics?

H

Hoover

To remove the turn signals, you need to take off the oval rubber grommet that is holding the signals on. Once that rubber piece is off, simply tug firmly on the signal and it will come out. Replacement is the reverse. Use a small flat blade screwdriver to push the flange through the hole and re-install the rubber grommet.
When you thread the wires back through the hole, use a pair of needle nose pliers under the seat to grab the wires and pull them through.

Last edited: