Helmet safety data

n00b

Avid Rider
I bought a Shoei Quest helmet last night. The one I had before - a Zeus flip up helmet - had no padding in the jaw area, and honestly did not feel particularly safe (I used to use it in my car - no windshield).

While looking around, I noticed a complete lack of info on actual safety test results. That's kind of surprising. With all the hoopla about insurance safety institute for car crash tests, you'd think there'd be some easily accessible data on actual performance for motorcycle helmets.

Do I suck as google searches?

H

Hoover

Check the UK websites on helmet stats. They have a much stricter standard of testing and almost all of the helmets approved over there are available here.

FZER

Avid Rider
webbikeworld is a nice webpage for some info. Congrats on the Shoei, they honestly really do make some of the best.

D

Deleted member 438

Check the UK websites on helmet stats. They have a much stricter standard of testing and almost all of the helmets approved over there are available here.

I was looking at a UK helmet website and I noticed that they don't carry all of the Shoei and Arai models that we have here, does that mean they are not up to par in the UK?

H

Hoover

It probably means they didn't pass the test.
For example, my Simpson Bandit is approved here, but not the UK. Don't ask me why though

n00b

Avid Rider
I don't understand why there isn't more data in the US