Helmet Locks

mano1192

Does anyone have any suggestions on a helmet lock? I'm getting tired of carrying my helmet everywhere with me.

BDazzler

There was just some talk about this on the FZ1 site. Here's some suggestions...

Take a look through the whole thread for more ideas. They may not all translate to the FZ8, but some will.

crashinsux

I saw some helmet locks on the Yamaha website, but I'm not sure where they are supposed to clamp onto the bike. They cost $80, a little steep in my opinion.

mano1192

thanks for the thread, I got alot of good ideas. I did order a key lock from amazon, Im going to mount it to the shifter side and see how it fits on that bar.

summit8

Don't use the stupid rear seat that's suggested in the FZ1 forum. I scratched the hell out of the rear fender area. Not cool at all, I could crawl into the fetal position and cry.

mano1192

thanks for the tip, I was wondering abou that also. I did purchase a helmet lock for the bars, just havent installed it yet. Hopefully tomorrow, Ill update with some pics.

hypo

I was out at the range and found a couple very good applications for some of the gun locks that they have out there. Very similar to this:

Aim Sports Sidewinder Cable Gun Lock

pretty short cables are available. I usually hang my bucket off one of the rear pegs, so locking to that piece would be straightforward... just the storage of the lock would be the question. under the seat or in the bag prolly.

Hereward

Probubley the best and easiest sugestion that gun lock! rear pillion footpeg should be ok too, think that would store easily under the pillion seat, use the rubber clamp provided for the Ulock to keep it in one place, perfect.

atom

I purchased a couple of Kryptonite R4 locks for my FZ8 and Aprilia Tuono and keep one each under the rear seats. Price is right, easy to use and store, plus the LED light is a nice bonus! Works great to lock the helmet and jacket too.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001SMPEL4]Amazon.com: Kryptonite R4 Retractor Combo Cable Lock (2.6mm x 90): Sports & Outdoors[/ame]