Hello

AndyS

Banned
Hi all
Been out of bikes for a few years. Happened to see an FZ8 at a local bar. Loved the lines and it encouraged me to get back in.
So here I am. I found a nice used 2011 model, which I think is the first year. I hope to learn a lot about it.
You all seem very knowledgeable about upgrades. Where should I start?
I have read the suspension is not the greatest and can be uprated. So far it seems adequate for my riding style. It pulls very well, but seems to lack a bit in the middle of the revs, perhaps its just me getting used to riding again!!
Glad to have found this forum
Andy

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
A lot of guys do the fork emulators and you can do a r1 rear shock but you need an adapter. Search for satan666 (not kidding lol) on the forum and look at his shock adapters. I just put one on mine.

Other than that, there are like 5 or 6 people trying to do reflashed on the ecu's right now, and there are quite a few people who rock power comanders and juice box's here. So either way you go someone can help.

Honestly the bikes not unsafe or anything stock. I'd fix whatever cosmetics you could at first. A few of us have gone to round headlights, and there is a guy (rabbit man) who is AWESOME at doing HID projectors on this forum.

Start searching...... :D

MotoZen

In my opinion, there isn't really anything on this bike that HAS to be changed unless you want to. Once you get used to the way the bike rides, it's just a matter of learning the torque curve. I plan on getting my ecu flashed as many people say that it eliminates the flat spot in the middle of the rpms that you mentioned. Other than that, I recommend some crash protection (frame sliders, swingarm sliders, etc just in case).

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

pigdog

welcome, i promised myself i would leave this bike stock. i lied. the stock shock was a bad joke so 900 smackers for a shock with 5 levels of adjustment seemed logical. the ecu flash can wait. i lied again.