Hello from the Chicago area!

er1c_b

Love the site! A lot of information to be learned in here, lots of friendly people. I'm from Gilberts, IL (Northwest suburbs of Chicago) I've been riding since 1999 and just turned the big 4-0. Back is not as young as I think I am. The last trip to Galena almost killed me on the ride back. Decided to look for another bike that was still sporty yet more comfortable. Local dealer had a brand new 2013, sat on the bike and I was hooked. Took it for a ride after all the paperwork was done and I was in love hahaha. Installed a fender elminator and waiting on some shorty levers to come in the mail.

Mta1981

This bike is easy to fall in love with!!! I've had mine for a month. It has plenty of power. The seat is super comfortable!! Isn't the intake sound great?

Keach

Welcome. I'm right next door I. Hampshire. What bike did you come from that was the back breaker? The fz8 will definitely spoil you for upright riding. Getting my seat redone by dirtroadeddie was by far the best thing I've done for comfort on the bike. What dealership did u purchase from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Umyaya

Welcome. I'm right next door I. Hampshire. What bike did you come from that was the back breaker? The fz8 will definitely spoil you for upright riding. Getting my seat redone by dirtroadeddie was by far the best thing I've done for comfort on the bike. What dealership did u purchase from?

Throw on some Renthal road mediums ! Best decision ever.

Zenfist

Hope you got a good deal, now seems to be the time to buy! I have had mine for a couple of months now, and I just hit 1k on the odometer myself. Congrats and ride!

Mta1981

What's the dirt road Eddie mod?

Keach

What's the dirt road Eddie mod?

He is a guy on the fz1 forum that makes great seats. You mail ur seat to him and he re does the foam and recovers it for a fraction of what the more popular aftermarket seats go for. Turn around time is short, I'd say about a week. The seat looks and feels great. I don't have any real good pics but here yeah goView attachment 3836

er1c_b

I had a CBR, I don't think it was the bike though. I've made that trip before with no problems. Took the FZ8 to Rochelle to skydive and had no problems. No wrist pain, no back pain, nothing. Sucks getting old.

I went to BBK in Elgin.

I'll probably do the dirtroadeddie seat over the winter. Can he also shave the seat down some?

er1c_b

This bike is easy to fall in love with!!! I've had mine for a month. It has plenty of power. The seat is super comfortable!! Isn't the intake sound great?

That intake howl does get me once in a while. Coming up on a month ownership for me now. Almost getting to the 600 mile checkup.

er1c_b

Hope you got a good deal, now seems to be the time to buy! I have had mine for a couple of months now, and I just hit 1k on the odometer myself. Congrats and ride!

Got a great deal on it, I see some used 2012's on craigslist on sale for more than my new 2013.

Keach

I had a CBR, I don't think it was the bike though. I've made that trip before with no problems. Took the FZ8 to Rochelle to skydive and had no problems. No wrist pain, no back pain, nothing. Sucks getting old.

I went to BBK in Elgin.

I'll probably do the dirtroadeddie seat over the winter. Can he also shave the seat down some?

Nice, I had a yzf600r and started looking at cbrs but when I saw a modded fz8 on craigslist I was intrigued. It got sold before I pulled the trigger, but I found one with 300mi in dekalb at a Harley dealer of all places. Decided to stick with the more comfortable upright seating and for my riding style it fits a lot better than a super sport would have. Getting older sucks, at 27 I already deal with back pain that I never thought at my age I would. I'll have to keep BBK in mind if I need factory work done and don't think I can handle it on my own. Typically I take mine to fornarelli to get tires mounted and do oil changes at home.

As for the seat. He does custom seat work so I imagine you can get whatever you ask for. I like what he did with the seat because it levels out the front and keeps your nuts from smashing into the tank. It did however raise the seat at least 2 inches which wasn't an issue for my height, but would be a problem if ur really short. The rear seat also got leveled out which makes carrying a passenger a lot more pleasant, but does change the looks of the back seat a lot. Otherwise if u ride solo you can have him just recover the existing rear seat for $20.00 less and it will have the lower profile. He is great at answering emails so shoot him an email describing what u want when it comes time and he will answer any questions.

[email protected]

er1c_b

Nice, I had a yzf600r and started looking at cbrs but when I saw a modded fz8 on craigslist I was intrigued. It got sold before I pulled the trigger, but I found one with 300mi in dekalb at a Harley dealer of all places. Decided to stick with the more comfortable upright seating and for my riding style it fits a lot better than a super sport would have. Getting older sucks, at 27 I already deal with back pain that I never thought at my age I would. I'll have to keep BBK in mind if I need factory work done and don't think I can handle it on my own. Typically I take mine to fornarelli to get tires mounted and do oil changes at home.

As for the seat. He does custom seat work so I imagine you can get whatever you ask for. I like what he did with the seat because it levels out the front and keeps your nuts from smashing into the tank. It did however raise the seat at least 2 inches which wasn't an issue for my height, but would be a problem if ur really short. The rear seat also got leveled out which makes carrying a passenger a lot more pleasant, but does change the looks of the back seat a lot. Otherwise if u ride solo you can have him just recover the existing rear seat for $20.00 less and it will have the lower profile. He is great at answering emails so shoot him an email describing what u want when it comes time and he will answer any questions.

[email protected]

Really small world, I went to Fornarelli too for my old bike. Gonna go to BBK for the 600 mile check then back to Fornarelli for everything else except oil changes.

Darren

Welcome! I too needed a bike that is comfy for the long rides because I hurt my lower back snowboarding and can't handle a sportbike's ergo. Love my FZ8! :D :welcome: