Hello from FZ1 land Bar End Mirrors

Blanchy

Gday I've got an FZ1s with FZ8 bars on std FZ1 risers for my short arms. Anyway I've fitted bar end mirrors and am having problems. Whenever I remove and replace them, getting them to stay set because of the larger internal diameter of FZ8 bars. Any solutions?

Last edited:
W

WARPTH

Gday I've got a FZ1s with FZ8 bars on std FZ1 risers for my short arms. Anyway I've fitted bar end mirrors and am having problems whenever I remove the getting them to stay set because of the larger internal diameter of FZ8 bars. Any solutions?

huh?
calm down. i understand your excited.
just try re typing this in english and im sure someone will help!

C

Camo

Gday I've got an FZ1s with FZ8 bars on std FZ1 risers for my short arms. Anyway I've fitted bar end mirrors and am having problems. Whenever I remove and replace them, getting them to stay set because of the larger internal diameter of FZ8 bars. Any solutions?

If you do a search on here for mirror alternatives, you'll find a few links that may help. Try the 5 dollar fleabay versions mate.
I've got a set I'll never use you can probably have for free, I'll take a picture of them later...not round ones.

Blanchy

Thanks, got the cheapies with the rubber type on now. Got some other cheap ones for the alloy expanders with extra sleeve but they're still too small to grip properly.

Blanchy

Well after 26 pages of reading the link Camo gave me, I've found my problem. You use your standard bar end weights. For some reason only known to Yamaha the FZ1 has a different weight. Looks like the photo I've attached. So I now need some Standard FZ8 Bar end weights and mounts.

C

Camo

I just assumed you had the fz8 bar ends, glad you worked it out.

Blanchy

I might be assuming too much but are the retaining parts inside the FZ8 handlebars removable? They're not in the FZ1s

W

WARPTH

i tried removing that thread inside the bar my self and lost.
but in saying that. i dont have my bar end mounted with the weights. just right on the end of the bar with the correct bolt / screw. i had to use a washer on the throttle side to space it out 2mm to stop the throttle sticking.

Blanchy

The treaded part on the FZ1 bars is spot welded in. Is it the same in the FZ8 Bars? What I'm asking here is did I get sold a dud set of bars?

W

WARPTH

The treaded part on the FZ1 bars is spot welded in. Is it the same in the FZ8 Bars? What I'm asking here is did I get sold a dud set of bars?

seemed welded to me... was installing my bar end mirrors at 11pm though...
so your (fz8) bars dont have the threaded bit inside them?

Blanchy

No and purchased from my local dealer after ordering! Are your bar end weights the same as my photo?

W

WARPTH

yes. but dont remember the bolt being so thick compared to the weight?
shouldnt your mirrors have come with x2 different sizes of sleeves to fit all bars? as you do up the screw on the side it pushes the alloy out to lock in on the inside of the bar.

W

WARPTH

did you try running some electrical tape or something along the inside diameter of the bar to reduce the gap?

Blanchy

Yep but seems in really hot weather the glue goes runny and they slip. Going FZ8 Bar end Weights to mount them on now. Thanks