Hello all!

Serafyx

I've just picked up a new 2012 fz8 this week. My last bike was a ducati monster 796 which was unfortunately stolen in December :mad: I was back and forth between the fz-09 and the fz8 until I finally got to see the 09 in person and really liked the look of the 8 much better. I know the 09 has more power but you've gotta like the looks of your bike too!

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
:welcome:NAND nice helmet, your the third person I know of to have the helmet that makes children cry at stop lights..... LOL love it!

Suave96

I've just picked up a new 2012 fz8 this week. My last bike was a ducati monster 796 which was unfortunately stolen in December :mad: I was back and forth between the fz-09 and the fz8 until I finally got to see the 09 in person and really liked the look of the 8 much better. I know the 09 has more power but you've gotta like the looks of your bike too!

I love my fz8. I think you made the rt choice

F

fz8kansas

welcome to the club, you made the right choice. Hate to hear about stolen bikes. Jerks!!

Serafyx

How about a comparison between the Ducati and the FZ8?

They both have their ups and downs so far. For running around town or back and forth from work the fz8 is WAY more comfortable. The duc didn't like running at low rpms at all, it liked to cruise no lower than 3k ish. It's like it always wanted to go fast which was a lot of fun...except battling Honolulu traffic or the 25 mph speed limit on base lol. The duc had a bit more low end torque which was fun for a quick blip of the throttle. I know the fz8 will be a lot better with the high end but I haven't really experienced that yet bc of the break in (which is killing me btw haha). The fz8 feels a lot easier to control but it does feel a bit more top heavy which surprised me when I first got it having to be on my toes since I'm only 5'5" (just a little guy:p). I've been riding for 8 years and all have been sport bikes so I'm used to not being flat footed, just wasn't expecting the weight. Still getting used to the fz8 but so far I love it!

welcome to the club, you made the right choice. Hate to hear about stolen bikes. Jerks!!

Yeah I hate when people decide they want your bike more than you!

MotoZen

I love the monsters! Keep us posted as to your thoughts as you break in the fz8 and how they compare. I love my 8, but not much compares to that gorgeous trellis frame.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

MikeC

Weekend Rider
Seeing an all stock 8 is great. It kinda reminds me of a chunky toy motorcycle. of course..we all know it's not a toy.

Serafyx

I love the monsters! Keep us posted as to your thoughts as you break in the fz8 and how they compare. I love my 8, but not much compares to that gorgeous trellis frame.

Will do! I really loved the monster too, the services were so friggin expensive tho lol

Serafyx

So temptation got the best of me today lol. My 600 mile oil change was yesterday and today on the ride to work I couldn't stand it anymore and twisted the throttle to see what she's got...the top end is waaaay too addicting haha. It feels strong all the way thru where as the monster seemed to drop off around 8k rpms so I usually shifted around then and didn't bother to hit the redline at 9500. The fz8 is a great bike all around!