Heated grips

Speedo007

Ok...so today it was -14C with wind factor. After 20 minutes couldn't feel my fingers. I noticed Yamaha offers heated grips in it's catalog but they are like 400$ before installation...looks something like this:

Anyone has experience with cheaper heated grip options?

RedarT

400???? LOL They shouldn't cost more than 150! Oxford are known to work well and they cost about 90-100 euros here installed.

Ozfazer6

Super Moderator
I think you can get heated pads that you fit under you original grips,not sure what they would work like though.

Speedo007

Today was pretty warm here, -3C:p Tomorrow it should be above the freezing point, yes. Above the freezing point! I ordered the Oxford heated grips, Ill make a quick review when I get to try them out.

Panther

Try Daytona

Hi, I fitted Daytona Heated Grips and they work very nicely. The control unit is simple "Off", "Start" and "On" but the wiring and grips, etc are very good quality and many riders recommended them. I was advised to steer clear of ones that have digital or multistep readings as these can malfunction. Anyway I've done 2k at least with these grips so far and the warmth generated from them is very impressive and consistent.

F

Fazed

I had Oxford heated grips fitted on my old bike and loved them so much I fitted them to this bike. Easy to install. Hardest bit is taking the tank off to run the wiring and they never provide enough cable ties in the kit. Another good thing is they don't cost $400. The grips are thicker than standard grips.

GarryM

I have the pads that go under the stock grips with a 3 position switch(start/stop/on) and they work well. I found the aftermarket heated grips are a but firmer than the stock ones and the instalation is a lot more stealth with the pads under the stock grips. I've used them for 2 winters and so far they are stil going strong.

Gokul

Yamaha heated grips

Installed Yamaha Heated grips... working ever so well for the last few months :).
Didn't take the tank off. Just passed the wires in the clearance between tank and frame. Used Carburettor cleaning spray to dissolve the glue - standard grips came out so easily :) . Installation was quite easy and colour coded wires matched with the bike's wring loom.

Last edited:

mckshred

Lee Parks Grip Warmers

I've got these installed under the the stock oem grips. Took about 2 hours. Wired into the ignition, if the key is on so are they. The Hi/Lo Toggle switch is located on the left side right next to the fork leg. These are the only grip warmers I've ever had, so I have nothing else to compare them to. They get pretty toasty. The throttle hand does tend to get slightly warmer than the left hand, (could just be my better grip on that side?), but I'm told that's 'normal'? I've ridden in temps of the high 30's and low 40's with them and bounce the switch back and forth between high and low without any complaints. High is pretty toasty if you leave it on for a long time. I'll never have a bike without them again.

Under Grip Heater from Lee Parks Design Catalog

Last edited: