Header wrap

medivh66

Pillion
Ive been thinking about wrapping the headers. Any thoughts or experiences? Black or Titanium? width?

Banky2112

Just plain crazy...
I've had a little experience with ceramic paints, they work really well for turbos and down pipes. If you don't like the way the wraps look you could try it.

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Black 1" would look awesome! Not an 8 but this gets the point across...

SeñorJack

El Guapo
just so you know, my experience is that pn a naked bike they stay black like that for about a week with heavy riding. they catch all sorts of dirt and fun stuff and become rather stained. I saw a thread here, wrapped my headers, then they ended up looing just as ratty as my dirty headers so I took them off. just my humble opinion :)

FZ1inNH

Administrator
just so you know, my experience is that pn a naked bike they stay black like that for about a week with heavy riding. they catch all sorts of dirt and fun stuff and become rather stained. I saw a thread here, wrapped my headers, then they ended up looing just as ratty as my dirty headers so I took them off. just my humble opinion :)

This is true... they do trap a lot. But if you pressure wash the material often, it will take about 95% of it out and keep them looking good for a long time.

The best bet is to get them ceramic coated by a reputable company but make sure they do inside and outside to get the full benefit of protection and performance.