Hawaii

S

Shock

My company just posted an openning for what I do in Hawaii. It's got the wife and I thinking. Anyone here know what Hawaii is like to live in?

C

Camo

Never been there but would drop everything if I scored a job there...surf is epic!!

A

AndyDehnRules

I've only been to Oahu on vacation, but here is what I gathered. It is expensive (land, food, gas, everything), but because it is paradise as far as climate and everything goes. Personally I would love to live there! Some people get island locked since it is so small, but I don't think that would affect me. One thing you will notice is that traffic gets terrible (especially rush hour)! Around Honolulu was gridlock traffic, so you would be cooking on your bike the whole time, but once you are a few miles out of city limits it wasn't too bad. Speed limits are low so you would have to watch yourself if you are a speeder. Also you would have limited roads to cruise, but you could cruise them year round! Just watch out for sun-baked bums and stray chickens.

Also never eat at a hotel buffet, the food was awesome, but then I got the bill... :eek:

S

Shock

Well it's definitely something to think about I'm going make some calls and see what the story is as far work goes

ramrod

Been stationed on O'ahu here for the past 7 years, and visited/worked in Hawai'i, Maui, and Kuau'i. Let me know what your concerns are. My wife and I are from California so the weather and people are something we love.

It is definitely expensive to live here, but as long as you scale back and live within your means, you should be ok. If you are a waterman you'll do fine. We know many couples that have come and gone, some love it some hate it so it all depends on your frame of mind.

If you have any questions let me know or PM me and i'll give you my contact info.

RyanSterling

Suspension Mod Evangelist
My company just posted an openning for what I do in Hawaii. It's got the wife and I thinking. Anyone here know what Hawaii is like to live in?

A good riding buddy of mine has a house over there and he is there every chance he gets. Absolutely loves it. It is expensive as all hell though so make sure compensation is equally adjusted so as not to effect your standard of living.