Harley guys - why are you so %@#$&

ssky0078

I love it
American Angst
so I been reading him for years and years
even wrote an article for him once
http://www.goingfaster.com/angst/investment.htm
remember BlackZZR was my moniker when I rode my ZZR all the time

This had me laughing. I went to a HD dealer first when looking for a bike because I thought I wanted an Iron 883 or an FDX because it would be badass, then I started doing this math in my head. Needless to say I never went back and started looking at Yamaha.

And honestly the only reason to buy a HD is if you're an 'Merikan and you buy 'Merikan made products. But like all 'Merikan's they can't do the math because our math scores our lower than other wealthy countries.

Bajaedition

I wrote that in 2004 or 5
we can now go to craigs list and see that superglide at 5 years old goes for10,000
but that is not the sad part
the sad part is after 10 years, the same principles apply, no one has seen the truth
it amazes me how they start listing the bikes like this
33 thou invested, will sell for 20
and you see it listed every day for 6 months as the price goes down each week, finally it is
Harley for sale price reduced for quick sale 8999

and even then it sits for weeks

the only way they can get the outrages prices the dealers do is that they offer financing, no one is going pay cash for one when they want over 10gs

plus the market seems to be flooded, out here in the LA area there is a Harley for sale on every corner

And the sad part about that isHarley does make a fine bike, it may not be high performance but it has real steel and leather seats, paint is top of the line. If they would just get their heads out of their asses they would probably wipe the Japs asses but they refuse to move into the 21st century.
off the big twin water cooled, gear driven primary and overhead cams without push rods, not something designed in the 1930s

oh well I regress, and would rather drive a VTX bagger for a touring bike
and yes that means plastic and watercooling

rail

Yeah, pretty much. I really would like to buy a Harley, EBR (new Buell), or even Maryland native Fischer because 'Murrica. But if/when I do go into cruiser world I already have my eye on a Yamaha Bolt for practical reasons lol.

Bajaedition

want to see something amazing
there is a series on Youtube
there is the first one
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGkFPUeNUqc]Victory vs. Harley - Segment 1 - YouTube[/ame]

watch all 6

So I almost started a new thread, but figured this was a good place to add....today I saw a moron on a Harley riding with a kids toy Iron Man mask on....really....it obviously must have been real easy to see with and very comfortable too (sarcasm) because he was going 15-20 under the speed limit.

mikefz8

one of my favorite quotes from American Angst

"Tell me I'm jealous of all of your raw American power. What power? Fifty-something horsepower from a 1300cc air cooled twin cylinder that has all the grace of a unbalanced paint shaker at Wal-mart? Yeah, that's impressive, like a cow powered by a mouse fart. I've had powerful toys before, I've been around power. A HD doesn't generate power, it only generates apathetic pity."

bwahahah love this so much!

RD GUY

I agree,but found a good one on u tube called motorcycle advice:harley Davidson rider gives a new biker some tips, f#cking funny

97audia4

Got stuck behind this one for a few of the best turns on this road then finally came the stop sign and he was nice enough to to let me by.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RIUx1VJamk]Thanks squid - YouTube[/ame]