Harley guys - why are you so %@#$&

decooney

In NorCal, on the shorter day trip back roads bikers are bikers. Most waive or waive back as long as long a they are not in the middle of a turn. When you are on the wider interstates or major routes where you see bikes all day long traveling longer distances, it is a bit different situation and riders in general waive less.

I rode Harleys for years and always waived back at all different type bikes and bikers. You might not see cruiser and Harley packs waive back at you if you are riding stupid and they see you putting other bikers or cars at risk weaving in/out and all over in traffic. Otherwise, give it a go and waive. Some waive back and some don't. Some are cool and some are not. If they are not cool, who cares anyhow.

Last edited:

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
Any rider except harley guys show a 'hey' when you cross them. Why not Harley or other cruiser riders? I am not going sad/going to cry over that. But why why???? :confused:
Are they part of some kind of brotherhood which we are not? :p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

It probably depends on the area/harley owners group. Around here, every rider waves if they see you. My dad is a harley guy and he waves at every rider as well. There are other bike groups that act this way though. A few weeks ago I passed a large group of Hells Angels that I didn't even look at as I rode by. From what I have heard, they are not to be messed with.

ssky0078

It probably depends on the area/harley owners group. Around here, every rider waves if they see you. My dad is a harley guy and he waves at every rider as well. There are other bike groups that act this way though. A few weeks ago I passed a large group of Hells Angels that I didn't even look at as I rode by. From what I have heard, they are not to be messed with.

That's the interesting thing about the HA, depending on the area, they have different attitudes. I've ridden past a group 20 deep in cuts and almost every single one waved. The more badass ones though don't usually wave.

cambo

Avid Rider
wanna know the ultimate diss?

waving at a scooter rider and getting no wave back.

With my old ass eyes, from the front some of these g'damn scooters look like a sportbike. It happens EVERY time

It ruins your day. trust me. it makes me want to crawl back into bed and just start the day over.

ultimate_walrus

With my old ass eyes, from the front some of these g'damn scooters look like a sportbike. It happens EVERY time

It ruins your day. trust me. it makes me want to crawl back into bed and just start the day over.

I did the same thing passing a scooter around town. Even though I felt like a fool for thinking he was on a sport bike, his return wave was so emphatic and excited that it was worth it. I'll just assume for my own peace of mind that he wasn't one of the annoying hipsters who always park their scooters on the sidewalk around here

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Rotaryknight

I would wave at any motorized two wheeler. Some wave back some don't. Sometimes I nod my head if we are going side by side and I am on the left of them. I met lots of bikers riding through out northern and western New York state. 90% of them would wave back, I even ride in on a pack of 15 Harley riders and they all gave a head nod as I rode by head nodding back. Some of their passengers even waved back

Last edited:

FZ8Panda

Most often than not, Harley riders wave more often than most of the high horse sport bike riders in my area. I think they actually get surprised when I wave or wave back. Lol.

Kardiac996

LMFAO!

I caught a youtube motovlogger the other day who was riding side by side with a guy on a scooter for a minute or two and then text rolled under the scooter that said "Piece of shit" as he was tossing him deuces LOL i died laughing.

Bajaedition

I really think we need to rethink this Harley guys wave thing
first who cares, second does he have the time not doing something or did he even see you?

I ride with a lot of Harley guys, It is an age thing I guess. Most guys my age are no longer on sports type bikes, they own gold wings or other touring bikes or cruisers.

I guess I am just a throw back still running Jap multi's, sheesh look at the magazines, they even love the exotic triples and twins and look at the FZ8 as a do anything bike but nothing special, I sometimes wonder if the in line 4 is a dated idea just for old guys.

but lets look at those Harley guys and realize there are a few groups of them, those who think they have bought something that makes them cool, yea they are creeps, those that have always wanted a Harley, and those who got one and finally realized that Harley is making a nice product.

So the bikes are not made to do curves like ours, ours are not designed to do curves like a true sportsbike
so the bikes do not accelerate like ours, ours do not accelerate like a ZX15
does this make them less a motorcycle? With Harley posting another record years of sales, and being number one in heavy weight bikes sales in the USA I believe we all should take a rethink on this. Maybe they have something after all, just not to our liking.

or do you secretly want one besides your bike?

n00b

Avid Rider
I wave all the time - doesn't matter to me if they wave back or not. Most do.
Occasionally I wave at vettes too... out of habit. They're probably like wtf?! lol

hutru01

Knights of Columbus
or do you secretly want one besides your bike?

Not gonna lie, I would love to have a Street Glide like this as a second bike:

mikefz8

Haters gonna Hate

Why A Harley Davidson Isn'

I wave at pretty much anything just not scooters...Mostly because they never wave, but I try to wave at everyone. I honestly don't care if I get a wave back---it doesn't ruin my day. However I really dis-like Harley's, maybe it is more the rider of said bike but I can't stand the mentality of {MOST} Harley riders. This is not why I am posting here--I got sidetracked--but I digress.

My most fun witnessing of the quote unquote "cockblock" by a Harley rider was to a EMO kid riding a scooter.

I was at a 4 lane intersection (2 lanes both ways with a turn lane) I was in a cage and in the far right lane--going north--The scooter was just to my left also going north, both stopped at the light. Across from us heading "South" was a (what I call typical) "bad-A Harley" biker with his B!tch on back stopped cross from us. Scooter Emo tank top--new kids on the black glasses, trucker hat backwards--kid throws down the left hand deuce and leaves it there sort of waving it around slightly--drawing attention making sure he's noticed. The Bad A looked so upset that scooter boy would drop the double all he did was scoff and twist the throttle to roar his engine!!!! Bwahahaha, I thought he was going to blow up that glorified overpriced all chromed walmart paint shaker. It was an amazing sight to see in real life. My write up does not do it real justice.

Geanmage13

I wave at pretty much anything just not scooters...Mostly because they never wave, but I try to wave at everyone. I honestly don't care if I get a wave back---it doesn't ruin my day. However I really dis-like Harley's, maybe it is more the rider of said bike but I can't stand the mentality of {MOST} Harley riders. This is not why I am posting here--I got sidetracked--but I digress.

My most fun witnessing of the quote unquote "cockblock" by a Harley rider was to a EMO kid riding a scooter.

I was at a 4 lane intersection (2 lanes both ways with a turn lane) I was in a cage and in the far right lane--going north--The scooter was just to my left also going north, both stopped at the light. Across from us heading "South" was a (what I call typical) "bad-A Harley" biker with his B!tch on back stopped cross from us. Scooter Emo tank top--new kids on the black glasses, trucker hat backwards--kid throws down the left hand deuce and leaves it there sort of waving it around slightly--drawing attention making sure he's noticed. The Bad A looked so upset that scooter boy would drop the double all he did was scoff and twist the throttle to roar his engine!!!! Bwahahaha, I thought he was going to blow up that glorified overpriced all chromed walmart paint shaker. It was an amazing sight to see in real life. My write up does not do it real justice.

"glorified overpriced all chromed walmart paint shaker"

The best description i've heard and read!!! lol

cambo

Avid Rider

haha, awesome awesome read. I'm posting this to my facebook to piss off my harley buds! Thanks mike.