Handlebar Swap

Tango59

Anybody swapped out the stock handlebar for something besides clip-on or a low drag bar ? I'm ok with the stock bar's ergos but since I'm painting the bike, I was thinking about a black "Daytona Handlebar" ($19 and about the same ergos).

cambo

Avid Rider
I've been thinking about swapping out the handlebars as well for a black set. Can't decide on which one though. I've only seen the renthal street fighters and they seem a little too low/narrow.

Looking forward to seeing what you end up doing. I might follow suit.

Tango59

Thought about powder coating the stock bar at $40.... Been my experience that any painted bar is gonna scratch and I'm not sure about the FZ controls but on most makes I'd still have to drill holes in a new handlebar for the controls. Powdercoat would save a bit of that aggravation.

good dog

Thought about powder coating the stock bar at $40.... Been my experience that any painted bar is gonna scratch and I'm not sure about the FZ controls but on most makes I'd still have to drill holes in a new handlebar for the controls. Powdercoat would save a bit of that aggravation.

Or grind the locating tabs off the controls, which is what I'd do.

Tango59

Or grind the locating tabs off the controls, which is what I'd do.

I did that on the Bandit when I put the Daytona Handlebar on it. I didn't have any problems but I was always concerned they would get loose. Any problems with the FZ8 ?

aabindas

I have rental bars on mine. Wide dirt bike handle bars. Really makes it a fun ride.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

TwoWheels

I did that on the Bandit when I put the Daytona Handlebar on it. I didn't have any problems but I was always concerned they would get loose. Any problems with the FZ8 ?

I cut the locater tabs off of mine when I switched to clip-ons, the left side held snug, but the right could be rotated. 5 minutes and 1" of silicone rubber tape along the bar solved that no problem :) Can't even see the tape outside of the plastic, looks dead stock. Plus, it's cheap and comes off easily if / when I want to move them around :)

Tango59

With time getting short, I'm just gonna let my buddy decide whether to paint, powdercoat or get the Bikemaster Daytona bar. He's built several really hot cars and some drag bikes. I'll trust his judgement.