Handlebar clamps

Larry P

So I recently bought a 2012 FZ8, and the handlebar seemed to vibrate *a lot*. I took my allen wrench out and the bottom 2 bolts were crazy loose. I was looking the clamps over and they both have an arrow on them, one was pointing forward and one backwards. That didn't seem right at all so I have them both pointing forward now. The clamps are kind of uneven though. The gauge side is flush, but the tank side has a few millimeters of bolt exposed. Is this the correct configuration? I still get a bit of vibration, but only at low speeds.

The Arsenal

Did you buy new from a dealer? They "put the bikes together" in the back when they come in on a crate. Perhaps the tech that put it together missed some items....take it back to them and have them give it another look; as well as telling them your vibration concerns. Warrenty will cover all this.

Larry P

Well I traveled 330 miles to purchase it so I'm not taking a trip back, lol. It's not rocket surgery so I'm just looking to hear what configuration everybody else's bar was in.

Larry P

Fantastic. I hoped it was normal. Time to hijack my own thread! My throttle tube shimmy's a few millimeters to the sides. It's ultra annoying! I adjusted my throttle cable to be nice and tight. But I don't wanna start disassembling my throttle assembly on a wild goose chase. The bar end doesn't seem to be doing anything to keep the throttle tube at bay, nor does the kill switch/starter housing.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
The throttle housing is indexed, meaning it has a tit that is set in a hole in the handle bar. I had to take a dremmel to the tit so i could move the throttle side to side to get rid of the sideplay.