Handbar swap with brake lines

Jwood9

Hey all I've been looking into several different handlebars and have seen lots of different opinions. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction though. I would like to be able to order this from USA instead of international if at all possible... I am looking at a handlebar that will be slightly lower... I have been looking at rizomas, and driven fat bar but I have several questions.

First, I will also need to purchase brake lines, who has done a rizoma or driven fat bar and what ss or carbon fiber brake lines did you use (hopefully a kit for front and back) and also what clamps? Along with that I'm guessing I will need new brake fluid, what kind do you guys recommend and where do I purchase it?

Second my biggest question is does the stock handlebar hardware, and grips fit on the 1 1/8th inch bar?(is it tapered to fit?) and will the bar ends fit or do I need to go about ordering new ones.

And last I know there is holes in the stock handlebar, am I better off to drill these in the new bar or to dremel the pins out? (assuming this provides the same snug fit)

Ive been doing research on this and I would like to make it a weekend project but I want to make sure I have EVERYTHING I need and the correct length brake lines before I go removing the handlebar. Thanks MUCH for any help...

ramrod

If you are looking at the Driven Meteor, 1 1/8'' bar you will need to purchase some universal clamps. Driven also makes these but you'll have to switch out the mounting hardware (easy) or drill your trips (not desirable). No brake lines were needed in the handlebar swap, but I did sawzall off some of the bar to shorten it to my liking.

As for grips, they will work fine with the larger bar since they tapper at the end. If you are looking to do anything with the bar ends, you'll need to purchase these in order to instal them:

Also, try looking at the How-to section, there is some info there you can reference. Give me a shout if you have any other questions.

B

bren

Mate visit cjmoto.com. I got a great set off them for $41. Got the, in gold but the also do silver, black and red.