Grips

djcecil

I am not noticing new grips on any bikes in photos, I would like to pass on for $13 I replaced mine with a dual compound and it made a world of difference. cut out a lot of the buzzing at the bars and makes it so much better, no tired arm feeling at all anymore after hours of riding.

Last edited:

djcecil

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-1300LM-4-3-Inch-Navigator-Lifetime/dp/B003ZX8AZQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1309899840&sr=8-2]Amazon.com: Garmin nüvi 1300LM 4.3-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Lifetime Map Updates: Electronics[/ame], the case is all over amazon from $10-25. it is waterproof, but your 12volt plug is not, so I keep a gallon size ziploc bag in case it pours I cover all of it and zip as much as possible.

djcecil

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/GN032-WPCS2-Bicycle-Handlebar-Magellan/dp/B002ZEBLQ6/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1309909673&sr=8-14]Amazon.com: GN032+WPCS2: Bicycle / Handlebar Mount & Case for Garmin, TomTom, Magellan GPS with 4.3" or 3.5" screen: Electronics[/ame]
these all look the same and are dif priced all over amazon.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/CLA-NHWC-Universal-Hardwire-Lighter-Socket/dp/B0035G7MV6/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1309909811&sr=1-3]Amazon.com: CLA-NHWC: Universal Hardwire Cable with Lighter Socket and Power Switch for M...: Electronics[/ame]
what i used to run the power to the handlebars, i like the swich on it. it is on the left side of bike (switch not wires, they are where they belong) seat holds it outside the bike so you can cut the power and not have to unplug every time or open and power off the unit

i picked that gps because i did not need the bells and whistles that come with ones as it is on the bike so no need for btooth or lane assist, etc. love riding with gps, nothing funner than getting lost in the curvy country and then just press "go home" via shortest route

Last edited:

rnvanquish

DJ,

On the second to last photo you just posted, I can't help but notice that badass license plate bracket you have down near the rear wheel. Is that something you made yourself or a kit you bought? I really, really dislike the rear end of our FZ8s, although a tail tidy helped clean it up a bit, I still am not totally satisfied with it. I'd prefer to go with the aftermarket taillight with integrated turn signals and that lower license plate bracket like you have, that looks CLEANNNNN! So, where could I buy them or will I be fabricating my own?

djcecil

Yamaha FZ1 FZ6 License Plate Relocator Bracket Mount | eBay

i wanted one but did not want to pay $100 or more for one, that one, 22 + 11 shipping. the swingarm stand does not like it (because the support triangle touches it), but it looks so good from futher back, i am way stoked and glad to pass on what i found. i've spent under $200 on all that you see so far by just buying much that fits a fz1 since they are basically the same frame, etc.

they offer the horiz one too

Last edited:

rnvanquish

Right on! $22 is a good deal for that bracket and it appears to be of decent quality, powder coated steel and all. I'll probably be picking that bracket up along with the tail light/turn signal combo and remove the tail tidy altogether. I appreciate the info!

hypo

digging up old stuff

I am not noticing new grips on any bikes in photos, I would like to pass on for $13 I replaced mine with a dual compound and it made a world of difference. cut out a lot of the buzzing at the bars and makes it so much better, no tired arm feeling at all anymore after hours of riding.

I've never replaced grips on any of my bikes... and when I look out there I see a LOT of providers. whats it come down to, looks? I'm probably gonna try some dual density grips, but would like some input from you guys. anyone to avoid?

RoMav

Are those still the stock bar ends with the bar end mirrors (looks like CRG's) attached? What size are the mirrors?

matt73

I've just replaced my grips with Progrip GP gel. I was looking for something with larger outside diameter due to having a dodgy right hand due to nerve damage. I thought the foam ones were too big and I was prepared for a disappointment with the GP's but after a good ride yesterday found they were great and just the right size. I've just come from a Triumph Speedmaster. It was a great bike but my new FZ8 is awesome. Its nice not to have to wrestle the corners anymore. This is a great forum. Thanks to all for helpful advice so far.