GPR Furore Exhaust Review

jmsandy77

I received my GPR exhaust about 6 weeks ago and wanted to wait a little bit before giving my review. In short, great price ($309 shipped to my door), fantastic fit and finish and phenomenal sound.

I'm not really sure why but I don't see this manufacturer receive any love on here. It's either a Yoshi, Two Brothers or Coffman's. I wanted something different. I also wanted black. I had a Two Brother's Black Series in Carbon Fiber and while I really liked the sound the CF started to turn brown after a relatively short period of time. I was bummed to say the least. My black preference left me pretty much with only the option of a Coffman's or a Vance & Hines CS One which was $450. Then I found the GPR Furore.

Ordered through a company on Amazon for $289 plus $20 for shipping for a total of $309. This can also be found on fleebay for the same price but you have to look hard. I was told 3-4 weeks as the item was being made to order then shipped from the manufacturer in Italy. It only took 8 days to my door!

I was super impressed upon opening the packaging. The pipe was in it's own black cloth drawstring GPR bag and the hardware was in another bag just like it. Even the bags were of good quality. I've used these bags a bunch as one was big enough to fit my helmet. What really impressed me is that one of the tags attached to the pipe was serial numbered, dated and tagged with my name on it! Made me feel like it was made just for me lol!

Upon removing the pipe from it's bag I was super impressed with the fit and finish. This pipe is solid. The welds look fantastic and the end cap has a really cool trapezoidal shape to it. Not a blem I could find anywhere. The pipe had a tag inconspicuously rivited to it that was serial numbered to match my order as well. I'm incredibly picky and would go so far to say overall quality was superb. This pipe came with a 2 year international warranty.

Install was very simple. Included instructions were very good and easy to follow. Goes on like any other slip on. Noobees don't be afraid!

Now the important part...the sound. This pipe comes with two different silencers. One that is conical and can be inserted in the front of the pipe and another that goes in the end cap like the Two Brothers P1X silencer. Suffice to say the sound is very customizable considering you can have one silencer or the other installed, both or none at all. I am running the pipe with the end cap silencer only. I really loved the sound of my old Two Brothers Black Series (carbon fiber) and have to say the GPR sounds as good if not better. It's a nice, deep, low growl that really wails when you get on it. It doesn't drone. It's loud but not too loud (I know this because there was a bike cop following me yesterday down Coast Highway for a couple miles and he just kept on rolling.) For me, the sound is perfect. But again is adjustable if need be. I can't imagine anyone not being able to find the perfect combination of sound with this pipe and it's two included silencers.

I truly can't say enough about the quality and sound of this pipe (again I'm very picky). It's top notch. It looks great and doesn't break the bank. See my pics for the all black version. It comes in a carbon fiber "look" for $50 more. If CF is your thing this may be a viable option. It's an aluminum sleeve made to look like carbon fiber. You get all the looks of CF without the discoloration of CF (at least this is what both of my Two Brothers pipes did).

Check out my pics and if you have any questions just holler. Hopefully, we'll see some love for this pipe here soon...And no, I'm not affiliated with the company in any way, shape or form lol.

Last edited:

elim70

Nice looking can bro congrats! I considered that same one but I was shotrt on funds and went with the danmoto jisu. While I am very happy with my choice, that gpr looks dead sexy! Viva Italia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mta1981

awesome write up man, this may sway me to get this from gpr. so the sound is comparable to a two bros black series?

jmsandy77

awesome write up man, this may sway me to get this from gpr. so the sound is comparable to a two bros black series?

I definitely think so. Deep rumble. I actually think I prefer it. Without the insert the Two Bros droned a bit on the highway. I wish I had a video to post...I'll work on it.

kevweez

Your post made my decision for me. I purchased one and had a similar experience. The fit and finish, shipping it in its own cloth bag, being a really clean look, all correct. This is a really solid exhaust. I also love the sound. It is loud enough to be meaty, but not obnoxious. I may not be marched out of my neighborhood for the noise. The price, being 150 less than most other slip on exhausts makes it a great deal there. Thanks for the write up. IMG_1040.JPG

jmsandy77

Your post made my decision for me. I purchased one and had a similar experience. The fit and finish, shipping it in its by own cloth bag, being a really clean look, all correct. This is a really solid exhaust. I also love the sound. It is loud enough to be meaty, but not obnoxious. I may not be marched out of my neighborhood for the noise. The price, being 150 less than most other slip on exhausts makes it a great deal there. Thanks for the write up. View attachment 5317
Thanks so much for the reply. I'm glad to hear your experience was similar. I'm still in love with mine and the sound is intoxicating.

nightttime

This is exactly what I want to hear about reviews. The tactile and sensory description about any piece of equipment is extremely important in a good review! I'm definitely sold on this exhaust. It looks really rad, I'm hoping for x-mas to myself! Great review, keep it up!

Jubby

Any of you boys drill the cat out.. I hav ejust installed a XG -1 Dan Moto yes iam a cheap skate but its looks and sounds great also has improved the performance check it out on you tube FZ 8 XG -1. Havent done the cat but wondering what you all think???

Wolvereine

These Exhausts are very cheap, are they any good as i would be tempted to buy one. i find my stock exhaust for my 2013 fz8 tooooooo quiet.

Im looking at the:

Yamaha FZ8 All Years JISU Black
Model: EX-00378

any comments welcome................