Got the Autotune installed

D

Deleted member 438

I got the the Autotune kit installed for my Power Commander this weekend with tons of help from trixster8, in fact, trixster8 gets all the credit for the instal because all I did was remove a couple of nuts and bolts. My review on the function of the unit so far is that I think it's doing its job well. At first it was only tuning at 100% throttle because the TPS was stuck at 100%, and once I figured out how to recalibrate it using the PCV I was all good. I already have a few tuning sessions(rides) in and I notice the throttle getting smoother. I have already seen significant changes in the trim tables between rides, which leads me to believe the fueling in the base map I used was way off for the mods I've done.

PS:A note to all you guys who get the PCV is to recalibrate your TPS, and you must do it with the engine running, unlike what Dynojet's instructions say.
Here are some pics of trixter8's super smooth welds:

Here's a pic of the unit in my trunk:

SpunkyTheTuna

I'm a complete and utter snob about welds. Easy for me 'cuz I can't weld worth a hoot. Those are beautiful welds. Look just perfect to me. Real interested in your findings with the autotune. Please keep us informed.

rnvanquish

Damn! Looks like one hell of an install. As Spunky said, those welds do look pretty damn good though. Keep us posted on how the autotuning goes, the PCV is one upgrade I've been waiting for and I'm excited to hear how it works =D

D

Deleted member 438

Pretty soon I'll be posting a map for a bike with a K&N air filter, Akra slip on no db killer, and a gutted cat. After I'm done with mine I'll post one up with trixter8's setup which is the same as mine but with a Yosh slip on.

trixster8

Thanks for all the weld compliments. I'm gonna work on gutting the CAT, and getting the PC5 installed(along with those front brake lines).

LitzerSki

Gutting the cat on these bikes is very easy...just take a hammer and clear out the honeycomb right at the ass end of the header. Turn the bike on and rev the engine a few times to get all of the little bits out.

beefcake morris

Gutting the cat on these bikes is very easy...just take a hammer and clear out the honeycomb right at the ass end of the header. Turn the bike on and rev the engine a few times to get all of the little bits out.

Is it the same on the 2011 FZ8's as it is on a R1? I thought it was made of metal on this bike?

djcecil

i googled those questions and there are many answers from some that just don't give a f, and from some that explain how the entire system is designed to work WITH the cat as is and that you should go to a straight pipe. i'm guessing to fool the inspectors, hollowed out with a tube welded in to be a straight pipe of equal diamater through the smashed out cat would give the best result. otherwise you just put an expansion chaimber in you exhaust plumbing. this is my short answer to a little research i did. i did smog plates, and prob not going to mess with the cat, just going to get new headers one day for the extra 5hp and then i will have a set for emmisions testing if needed.

D

Deleted member 438

I drilled it a few times with a huge drill bit and then had to break it up by pounding it with a long screw driver and a hammer. It was a metallic cat and it took a lot of pounding and stabbing to get it out.

Dannyboy

Pretty soon I'll be posting a map for a bike with a K&N air filter, Akra slip on no db killer, and a gutted cat. After I'm done with mine I'll post one up with trixter8's setup which is the same as mine but with a Yosh slip on.

Greetings from Downunder! Interesting about the Autotune...considering getting one to value add the PC5. Wondering how you got on with that map for the Akra (no db killer) with the k&N? Any chance you might post it?

cheers

D

Deleted member 438

I can't seem to upload the map file, so if anyone wants the map just shoot me a pm.