Got out for a nice ride today!

pajkrubi

Well I finally got to get out today and put some miles on my new FZ8! It was 50 and sunny so I threw on my gear and headed out. I was giving it some good hard 2nd and 3rd gear pulls on the straights because I'm a firm believer in running it hard for the break in. I've done it with every new vehicle I've ever owned and have never had one use oil and they always seem plenty strong. In fact I beat the pants off my titan that I had from day one and at the titan meet in kissimmee florida my titan dynoed more than every other stock titan there by at least 4-5rwhp.

Anyways I had to go easy in the turns because the tires are still new, it was still fairly cold out and their were cinders here and there on the road from the little bit of snow we had last week. It was still an absolute blast and I still have a smile from ear to ear and am in awe of this bikes power, especially when pushed past 6k rpms! This thing has incredible 6th gear roll on power too! If it wasn't for having to come to work today I'd still be out riding! To say I am in love with this bike is an understatement. I can't wait for spring to get here!

cambo

Avid Rider
yeah, oddly nice weather for this time of year. saw a ton of bikers out today too.

to answer your question from the other thread: long story short, I would love to grab a used fz8 later on down the road. maybe not this year, but next year I'll be able to find a used 8 for sub $4-5k.

pajkrubi

Yeah they're going to be selling for great prices. Unless the 9 becomes a flop then everybody will want the leftover 8's! LOL I'm REALLY hoping that the rain holds off this thursday (only around 30-40% chance) because it's my day off and it's supposed to be in the 50's so if it does I'll be racking up some triple digit mileage!! I've got a nice long route up through the mountains I've been dying to ride but never did because the 250 was just a dog in the mountains. Doesn't help that I'm a fatass but still it was painfully slow in the mountains. This 8 is gonna roll up them in 6th I have a feeling. This thing is an incredible amount of fun! I did discover today though that to keep myself under control in town I need to keep it in second or third gear to keep from "puttering along" at 50-60mph in a 35 zone. :eek:

DSmith

It was high 40s today in MA. If my bike wasnt buried in the back of my buddies garage I'd definetly be out cruisin. The salt is what really keeps me off the roads though.. Spring cant come soon enough!

pajkrubi

Luckily we didnt really have salt down, it was just cinders because we haven't had anything more than a couple dustings so far. Cinders are still bad enough though, especially at intersections!:eek: I don't have a garage so the wife and I keep our bikes on our enclosed porch so luckily mine doesn't get buried and comes out to play whenever we get these warm days and the roads aren't crap.

MotoZen

I rode to work today as well (I'm not far from you). It was a little cloudy and chilly, but still better than being caged.

I really don't want to put it away for the winter.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

97audia4

I rode to work today as well (I'm not far from you). It was a little cloudy and chilly, but still better than being caged.

I really don't want to put it away for the winter.

Dude you have to get ahold of me if you will be near the pagota, I'm like 20 mins from there.

To the OP not only are your tires new but breaking distance will increase with cold weather and cold be tires so be careful.

Last edited:

MotoZen

Dude you have to get ahold of me if you will be near the pagota, I'm like 20 mins from there.

To the OP not only are your tires new but breaking distance will increase with cold weather and cold nee tires so be careful.

I didn't realize that you were that close. I work 15 minutes from there, in the Exeter area. This was a quick trip since I've been meaning to get there all summer. I had never been there before and it's very close to the post office that I use. I definitely want to take a trip up skyline drive in the spring.

97audia4

I didn't realize that you were that close. I work 15 minutes from there, in the Exeter area. This was a quick trip since I've been meaning to get there all summer. I had never been there before and it's very close to the post office that I use. I definitely want to take a trip up skyline drive in the spring.

Yea I finished up a job for a client and it was like 2:30 sunny and warm and I also went for a rip I like the road leading up to it but last I was there they hadn't repaved it uet .

MotoZen

Yea I finished up a job for a client and it was like 2:30 sunny and warm and I also went for a rip I like the road leading up to it but last I was there they hadn't repaved it uet .

The road still isn't paved. It's pretty horrible, actually. Would be great if they paved it. I was told that there is a better way up. That may be a mission for a future trip in the spring. :sly:

pajkrubi

I was going to ride to work today until I saw that their was a 50% chance for rain this evening when I get off work. I can do the cold or rain but not cold AND raining.

We should all meet up this spring or summer sometime and have a PA guys ride! I'm down for meeting wherever.

Motozen, that's an awesome building! Where is that? Down near philly? What is it?

Edit: Nevermind my question about where it's at, I just looked closer and saw it's in Reading.

MotoZen

I was going to ride to work today until I saw that their was a 50% chance for rain this evening when I get off work. I can do the cold or rain but not cold AND raining.

We should all meet up this spring or summer sometime and have a PA guys ride! I'm down for meeting wherever.

Motozen, that's an awesome building! Where is that? Down near philly? What is it?

Edit: Nevermind my question about where it's at, I just looked closer and saw it's in Reading.

I'm in for a ride this spring. It's a pagoda in Reading. It's a really weird spot, but it's sort of cool. Apparently, there are some really good roads around it. Here are some links:
http://webcam.pagodaskyline.org/cam2.php

http://readingpagoda.com/history.html

pajkrubi

Wow, that is so cool! I'm gonna have to take the wife there sometime and check it out.

I'm definitely up for a meet and ride too. Once it starts getting nicer out and all the crap is off the roads we'll have to talk about setting a day and location to get together and ride. One nice thing about PA is that as long as you're not right in a city we've got some nice scenic roads to ride. I've been really wanting to get up north and ride Hwy 6. Supposedly it's a very nice back country road with lots of twisties up and down through the mountains. Plus if you take it far enough west it runs up through and right beside the PA grand canyon which is extremely beautiful country. Plus I want to take a ride up through the woods to harveys lake too and stop and get some grotto's pizza!:drooling: Lol, leave it to a fat man to plan motorcycle rides around awesome pizza joints!:D

97audia4

We have to go ride rt. 125 this spring and summer its a tight technical road and some switchback turns that are peg scrapping fun.

MotoZen

I've never been on that road. I'm already anxious for spring.