Got my bike kicked over!

Lee_533

So I was up in Tahoe for the weekend. Came out of my cabin in the morning to find that someone had kicked over my bike which fell on my buddys bike. Bikes are pretty much ok, the frame sliders, handlebar sliders, and swingarm sliders pretty much saved everything. But my forks got tweaked. They aren't bent just threw out the adjustment on the triple tree. My buddy was able to straighten it out so I could ride home (5 hour ride). But I want to know, should a small tip kick my forks out? It seems that if everything was torqued to specs it would still be good. I mean a tip over shouldn't throw the front end out like that right? Anyone else have this problem?

Hereward

I had a similar incident..........wasn't your forks out! the FZ8 bars are shall we say a cxrumple zone, they bend really easily..........mine did and I too thought the whole front was out of whack! On a flat suface I measured the bar ends were actualy only quater of an inch out but it was enough to nearly make the bike completly unrideable (in my head) LOL

mavpsa

damn dude, that sucks!! i guess you weren't able to catch the person or vehicle that did it? sorry to hear that!

mavpsa

LOL! i know the feeling. i live in city and it has happened to me way to many times. i'm knocking on wood right now b/c i'm surprised it hasn't happened to the fz yet!!! almost a year and she hasn't kissed the pavement yet.

RebelRider

Bike Kicked Over

I always park my bike in gear so it can't rock. I dunno...haven't had a bike kicked over in 20 years..

Mrpacis

My dumbass made a u turn once and jammed on my front break like a dumbass and the bike fell on its side landing o my left ankle lol

V

Vapordan

I always park my bike in gear so it can't rock. I dunno...haven't had a bike kicked over in 20 years..

Not just in gear I take the extra second to push forward so there is absolutely no gear slack. I have had bikes fall on me and I swear that noise of faring against pavement is the stuff of nightmares. Ugh

kuwaiyert

No. If I would have caught them I would be in jail right now for beating with my helmet lol

Well u can reason it out.. Suspect tat guy is trying to steal the bike.. Haf to beat the arse to defence yourself.. LoL...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

FZh8in

I feel your pain bud. My 08 zx6r got pushed over not once, but twice. Those two incidents caused over $3000 in damage (luckily insurance covered most of it!). I wish I could have seen the person do it so I could have beat the snot outta them! Lol. Luckily my FZ8 has not been pushed over though *knock on wood*

D

DJK1505

damn dude, that does suck. Are you sure it wasnt knocked over by wind? We just had a small storm here and my buddies R6, which leans more than mine does, was knocked over. At first we both were pissed thinking it was pushed over, but in all honesty it doesn't take much to push these bikes over with the right wind direction, landscape slope, etc. All in all that does suck man!

A fall like that should not have knocked out your forks, most likely it is like what was posted prior, your bars are bent. Double check the bars, hop on ebay and get a set of Vortex bars, 40 bucks, a little wider than your stock ones, but are black and kick ass. There are a few other brands on there that are less than 50 bucks and look so much better than the stock bars!

DJ

Lee_533

damn dude, that does suck. Are you sure it wasnt knocked over by wind? We just had a small storm here and my buddies R6, which leans more than mine does, was knocked over. At first we both were pissed thinking it was pushed over, but in all honesty it doesn't take much to push these bikes over with the right wind direction, landscape slope, etc. All in all that does suck man!

A fall like that should not have knocked out your forks, most likely it is like what was posted prior, your bars are bent. Double check the bars, hop on ebay and get a set of Vortex bars, 40 bucks, a little wider than your stock ones, but are black and kick ass. There are a few other brands on there that are less than 50 bucks and look so much better than the stock bars!

DJ

Well, I'm pretty sure it was the forks because my buddy and I straightened them out. We got them pretty straight now but the Yamaha dealership said that it was normal for our kind of bikes to get a little tweaked when knocked over. I got it to 150 with no wobble so it's fine now. And as far as who knocked it over, I think my brother hit it with his truck. I started thinking about where his truck was compared to my bike and I think his tire just barely tapped my front tire. If my bars weren't locked it probably wouldn't have gone down. But my brother won't fess up to it.