GoPro: where & how to install the cam? (Pictures?)

Ignacio-Arg

Hi everyone! Next week I will have my GoPro, and I would like to know your experiences about how and where to install the GoPro on the bike (in addition on the helmet)

Any pictures?

Thanks!

Kardiac996

Hi everyone! Next week I will have my GoPro, and I would like to know your experiences about how and where to install the GoPro on the bike (in addition on the helmet)

Any pictures?

Thanks!

The following are good locations for a gpro.

1. Helmet top/sides
2. Tank
3. Chest mount.
4. Rear cowl facing your BUTT
5. front fairing facing you the rider.
6. Lower belly fairing (shows front forks and wheel)
7. Right or left rearsets facing forward.

krillz

Any pictures?

Thanks!

Get the Roll Bar mount and mount it to the frame slider if you got one.

ssky0078

I have mine mounted on the side of the my helmet and also have an option for the handlebar. I am starting to like the chin bar mounts on the helmet, but those require some ingenuity to figure out.

TwoWheels

Any pictures?

Thanks!

I went the vain "low-profile" route... But it works great! I don't ride in the rain, and the vids come out amazing, not to mention it would take Zeus himself to remove the camera without me wanting it! It's a solid mount, just probably not for everyone, since you loose the waterproof aspect....

More pics in the gallery....

ssky0078

Guys thanks a lot for the posts, pictures & videos, I really appreciate! has anyone mounted the cam on the tank?

I did before on my Fz6 with the suction cup mount. I have a video of where the mount came apart and I barely caught the GoPro before it hit the street. The suction cup mount is notorious for vibrating loose. My buddy had the suction cup on his tail and it fell off on his way home, he went back and found his camera, smashed. GoPro did replace it for him but he didn't have it for like 3 weeks.

Ignacio-Arg

I did before on my Fz6 with the suction cup mount. I have a video of where the mount came apart and I barely caught the GoPro before it hit the street. The suction cup mount is notorious for vibrating loose. My buddy had the suction cup on his tail and it fell off on his way home, he went back and found his camera, smashed. GoPro did replace it for him but he didn't have it for like 3 weeks.

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking on using the flat adhesive mount on the tank. But I have to see if with that mount I can get down under the windshield (my bike is not naked). Any experiences on that?

watt7044

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PvUCVT043k]FZ8 10-25 Morning ride on Hwy 97 Camden SC using the GPS/Camera Mount from Cycle Machine Works - YouTube[/ame]

Ignacio-Arg

Watt7044, man thanks for Your post. Excellent video!!. Where did you get the tank mount?. I have seen the handlebar mount on the gopro web siete, but didn't so the tank mount

And again, thanks for the post

Last edited:

FZ1inNH

Administrator
Here's one I did... I put a mount on the swingarm. And one mounted to the radiator cover too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvm4zTSL4E0]GoPro HD on a 2009 FZ1 swingarm - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXe8mZUPLCQ"]FZ1 Through the clover - YouTube[/ame]

watt7044

Watt7044, man thanks for Your post. Excellent video!!. Where did you get the tank mount?. I have seen the handlebar mount on the gopro web siete, but didn't so the tank mount

And again, thanks for the post

No sweat. Got the tank mount from ebay. Search cycle machine works. I will send you a link when I get home.
Ronnie

Ignacio-Arg

Well, I finally got the handlebar mount. I'm pretty satisfied. To test the mount and the camera, had shot a video & edited, you may want to select the 720hd res for a better quality (on the configuración Youtube button)

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vZicZllp6b4[/ame]